PDA

View Full Version : Wake Forest vs. N.C. State and other sunday games.

ArchAngel71857
03-06-2005, 11:22 PM
N.C. State just got hosed. Chris Paul has almost erased my bad feelings about him. Justin Gray redeemed himself. Crazy day.

at 10 AM my roommate (who went to Ohio State) said? Hey, know what today is? The day Illinois loses to Ohio State. Yeah right I think. Whooops.

Then my other roommate. Hey, guess what today is? Turns out to be the day Florida beats Kentucky. He went to UF. Too bad it also couldn't be the day Duke beat UNC. thanks a lot losers!

-AA

Benjamin
03-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, that no-call at the end cost State the game. That was harsh. Game tied, Atsur goes up for a 3 w/ 4 or 5 seconds left and gets hit on the arm. Ball misses the basket by a couple feet ... no call. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Paul outlets the ball, gets it right back, runs the court and sinks a runner from 12 or so w/ .3 seconds. Game over. State will need to get to the ACC finals to get in the big dance now.

B.

Screwtape
03-07-2005, 01:41 PM
there were plenty of no calls and phantom calls in that game, I don't think that was one of them.

Porcupine
03-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Atsur was clearly hit on the elbow on the last shot.

I agree there were plenty of phantom calls and no calls in the game. The uncalled punch to Hodge's "groin" by Paul was a pretty glaring no call. The 5th foul on E. Williams looked weak to me as well, but I didn't see it as clearly as the other 2 calls.

Arsene Lupin III
03-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I didn't expect to see paul give that guy a fist to the nuts either.. I missed the play for which it was supposedly the retaliation. I hope it was at least a tit for tat testicle attack of some sort.

ArchAngel71857
03-07-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there were plenty of no calls and phantom calls in that game, I don't think that was one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up.

I don't care as much today as I heard the State fans were chanting "We killed your grandfather." Paul should have punched him in the nuts then danced on his throat.

Then killed his grandfather.

-AA

SinCityGuy
03-07-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The uncalled punch to Hodge's "groin" by Paul was a pretty glaring no call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul was suspended today for the blatant cheap shot.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2007240)

Arsene Lupin III
03-07-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up.

I don't care as much today as I heard the State fans were chanting "We killed your grandfather." Paul should have punched him in the nuts then danced on his throat.

Then killed his grandfather.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.. way to play the sympathy card.

Look, I go to wake and everyone knows that Paul's pretty much a class act who has some of the best shooting balance and dribbling skills, etc. etc etc. He's one of the most enjoyable guards to watch. Everyone knows about his grandfather and the tribute performance after his death, etc...

Still.. There's no excuse for CP3 to be throwin' punch to the junk. What's even more silly is you try to justify it by what the crowd did. While the athletes, just like the fans, represent the same school, you can't hold the players responsible for what the crow does, only the university. The punch was classless and immature.

Screwtape
03-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Wow
Way to stand up for your guy, as alumni we also know what a stand up guy Paul is. For all the crap he's been dealt in prior games it's hard not to believe that Paul is going to fire back at some point. While a jab at the core isn't fair game at any time, I doubt that was his intent probaly just more to the stomach. And yes Hodge did do something to provoke it, not to mention this is a rivarly game. Let's be a little slower to classify this as tasteless, stuff happens alot in the heat of the moment.

ArchAngel71857
03-07-2005, 09:33 PM
What's even more silly is you try to justify it by what the crowd did.

What's even more silly is your inability to read. I didn't justify his punch. I said I cared less about it when I found out what the crowd was chanting. It doesn't make it ok, I just turn my attention to other things in the game. Like, our shakiness, a bs 5th foul on Williams and a no call on Gray that could have made a difference at the end of the game. I was as suprised as anybody when Paul hit the game-winner. As for copping a feel on Hodge. . . Well you go to Wake, I assume you are somewhat smart. Do you think Hodge was talking to Paul when the crowd was chanting "Don't listen them, Chris. It's ok. I respect you not only as an athlete, but as a human being."? Hodge was probably trash talking every second to get Paul riled up and it worked. He made a stupid move and played like [censored].

-AA

Screwtape
03-11-2005, 04:24 PM
How fitting we get a rematch and Chris Paul is out. Taron Downey being my faviorite player all time for WF replaces Paul and drops 25, goes out on top as the senior leader he is. What's in question is who is going to take Hodge out this time? My money is on Strickland and Hodge's brother comes out onto the floor and is thrown out again. Thug life in the house!!!

hoyaboy1
03-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Please win, Wake. NC St stinks and I don't want them in the NCAAs - unless Maryland would take their place. That'd be worse.