PDA

View Full Version : Socks with boots

mmbt0ne
03-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Let's say you're wearing jeans and a pair of black boots. Not cowboy boots, not combat boots, just boots. (http://www.zappos.com/images/142/7133142/72237-p.jpg) I can never figure out what kind of socks to wear. If I wear typical white socks, I feel like a bus driver. If I wear dress socks, I feel like a tool who's wearing dress socks with jeans. Am I missing some kind of sock, or am I stuck with one of my previous two choices?

[censored]
03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I wear a thicker black sock. Dockers makes some but you can find different brands all over. As long as you are buying them in groups of 3 or greater I think you avoid any toolery associated with dress socks.

Bukem_
03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Black dress socks. Don't even consider wearing white socks.

Ulysses
03-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Uh, just some regular black socks?

mmbt0ne
03-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Ok, this is going to be a really stupid question. I've only ever bought dress black socks for obvious reasons, and black athletic ankle socks for basketball. They make black socks that are just like normal socks?

[censored]
03-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Yes it is the only sock that I wear.

NLSoldier
03-07-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are wearing jeans with said boots, then why should it matter at all? Unless you wear capris or some gay [censored] your socks are never gonna show anyways.

[censored]
03-07-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are wearing jeans with said boots, then why should it matter at all? Unless you wear capris or some gay [censored] your socks are never gonna show anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to college with a dude who wore capri pants once. He heard about that [censored] everyday until graduation. One of the gayest things I had ever seen which later resulted in some of the funniest jokes I have ever heard.

Bukem_
03-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Every time you sit your ankles are exposed.

White socks look really bad with any type of dress shoe or boot.

NLSoldier
03-07-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to college with a dude who wore capri pants once. He heard about that [censored] everyday until graduation. One of the gayest things I had ever seen which later resulted in some of the funniest jokes I have ever heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres this dude from like spain/mexico that lives on my floor that pulls off the capri/slip on shoes combo. Funniest guy I've ever met.

NLSoldier
03-07-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Every time you sit your ankles are exposed.

White socks look really bad with any type of dress shoe or boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if your jeans are a little long/baggy and boots moderately high topped.

Michael Davis
03-07-2005, 03:08 AM
You'd do better just wearing black socks every day. If you ever have to ask, don't wear white.

-Michael

thatpfunk
03-07-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You'd do better just wearing black socks every day. If you ever have to ask, don't wear white.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbt0ne
03-07-2005, 03:25 AM
Fair enough. Black socks it is then.