PDA

View Full Version : body wash

sublime
03-06-2005, 10:43 PM
i am thinking of giving up my old bar soap in leiu of some sort of body wash, as i have heard they are better for my skin.

any suggestions?

Clarkmeister
03-06-2005, 10:45 PM
jism

Clarkmeister
03-06-2005, 10:47 PM
For the record, I can't believe I actually posted that, but for some reason I don't feel like deleting it either. Been a long day.

Joe Tall
03-06-2005, 10:50 PM
I have dry skin and use Oil of Olay, but it's like $8.50 a bottle.

Not sure what Clarkmeister's remedy does for his skin. Don't really want to know.

Clarkmeister
03-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Oh, it's not for my skin. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wacki
03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jism

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked a stripper what was her beauty secret once.

Her answer: Lots and lots of cum all over my face every day.

You guys must be related. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wjmooner
03-06-2005, 11:51 PM
old spice. works fine, you don't smell like you're wearing women's perfume.

WJ

citanul
03-07-2005, 12:09 AM
I've been using the white Nivea body wash for a few years. I/girls like it.

citanul

TStoneMBD
03-07-2005, 12:25 AM
i havent used bar soap since i was a little kid. i use body wash and if i run out of that i use straight shampoo. works fine. lather it in your hair and rub it all over your body.

FishBurger
03-07-2005, 12:30 AM
I use the cheapest bar soap I can find. I never suspected that this forum was populated with a bunch of metrosexuals.

Michael Davis
03-07-2005, 12:35 AM
You seem to be really happy lately, almost giddy.

-Michael

TStoneMBD
03-07-2005, 12:36 AM
i am quite the metrosexual, but am straight for the record.

housenuts
03-07-2005, 12:39 AM
i just got this dove exfoliating body wash. it smells good and i figured i'd give it a try. it feels cool too because it's kinda rough. i guess that's the exfoliating stuff.

i feel like a bit of a flake though because i just bought this poof ball. i always made fun of people who used those. but it's actually very good. you don't waste nearly as much body wash with it.

Clarkmeister
03-07-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You seem to be really happy lately, almost giddy.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

citanul
03-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Man, you're a tool.

Clearly, men who want silly things like, to have their skin feel good, and have women have extra reasons to be attracted to them, are metrosexuals. Have fun bowling alone on Saturday night, or whatever it is you like to do, and then bathing with lye and animal fat.

Do you not use deoderant too? How about shampoo, do you just use soap for that? How about your toothpaste, mouthwash, etc? I'm sure you've never considered wearing cologne, or well, anything else to make you either happier, or more attractive to the opposite sex.

Clown.

citanul

Clarkmeister
03-07-2005, 12:41 AM
I use liquid Dial body wash with one of those exfoliating poofy ball things. Good stuff. If it's good enough for Ironhead, it's good enough for me.

FishBurger
03-07-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, you're a tool.

Clearly, men who want silly things like, to have their skin feel good, and have women have extra reasons to be attracted to them, are metrosexuals. Have fun bowling alone on Saturday night, or whatever it is you like to do, and then bathing with lye and animal fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I hit a little too close to home their, citanul? Any "man" that worries about the softness of his skin is by definition a metrosexual.

citanul
03-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Nothing too close to home about it. Answer any of my questions about products that you do or don't use in my last post. Then, answer "are you a metrosexual?" or maybe "are you a self hating metrosexual?" Hell, you can even use your own definitions of any of the words you want.

To clear things up for me: Say you have dry lips, or it's cold out, or whatever, is it against the "rules" to wear chapstick? Or does that make you a metrosexual? Draw a line please where "because I wanted to be comfortable/feel good" ends and "metrosexual" begins.

I'm just going to stay with my earlier declaration that you are a clown and a tool.

citanul

TStoneMBD
03-07-2005, 01:23 AM
for the record i recently picked up cocoa butter aloe vera lotion from a local shop, and i think its great. it also makes masterbating easier. im not lying btw.

Mike Gallo
03-07-2005, 01:24 AM
I use Cucumber Melon and Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body works.

I also use Blue from Ralph Lauren however I usually use that when I shave. I use the shave gel and after shave as well.

Clarkmeister
03-07-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for the record i recently picked up cocoa butter aloe vera lotion from a local shop, and i think its great. it also makes masterbating easier. im not lying btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

If masturbating ever becomes "difficult" I'm going to be very concerned.

Mike Gallo
03-07-2005, 01:26 AM
If masturbating ever becomes "difficult" I'm going to be very concerned.

Dude...you have no idea how loud this made me laugh.

citanul
03-07-2005, 01:26 AM
after the 6th or 7th time in a row, it'd probably become a chore. and some lubricant/moisturizer would probably be needed.

citanul

NLSoldier
03-07-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It also makes getting head easier /images/graemlins/wink.gif

astroglide
i hate herbal essences commercials but i use their product anyway. but suave cocounut is good and cheap. bar soap is like a moisture vacuum for my skin, my face falls off if i use anything like it.

Alobar
good move, body wash = way better than bar soap

zest body wash is the tits, but cant ever find it anymore, so I dunno if they still make it. Im using level 2000 "rain mist" (or something like that) right now. Basically just go for something you like the smell of.

Oh, and sack it up and buy a lufa, dont use a wash cloth or something, it just doesnt work as good

FishBurger
03-07-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To clear things up for me: Say you have dry lips, or it's cold out, or whatever, is it against the "rules" to wear chapstick? Or does that make you a metrosexual? Draw a line please where "because I wanted to be comfortable/feel good" ends and "metrosexual" begins.

[/ QUOTE ]

The line is body wash. I use all those products that you mentioned in your previous post and everybody else I know does too. Body wash was a product designed for women that metrosexuals started using.

Deoderant, cologne, chap stick, toothpaste, and mouthwash were all products that have been marketed to men from their inception.

Why are you so defensive about being a metrosexual? You are what you are. There's no shame in it -- even if you go so far as to get manicures and pedicures.

Clarkmeister
03-07-2005, 01:31 AM
Dude, "Body Wash" is a marketing code phrase for "Liquid Soap". Get over it.

Michael Davis
03-07-2005, 01:34 AM
If there's no shame in being a metrosexual, why did you bandy the term as an insult?

-Michael

TStoneMBD
03-07-2005, 01:37 AM
yah i recently bought a bunch of the suave aloe vera tubes. they were a buck a piece. i got like 10 of them. on my next birthday i plan on filling up my bathtub with all the gel, jumping in, and wondering how i plan on fixing the plumbing.

FishBurger
03-07-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the first three items that come up under a Google search for "body wash:"

http://www.lamasbeauty.com/radiantc.html - "As recommended by the Beauty Editors at Modern Salon, Upscale, DaySpa and other prestigious magazines!"

http://www.dove.com/your_skin/cool_moisture_body_wash.asp

http://www.asos.com/product.asp?sku=BACBP1018 - "Created by Patsy Palmer and Charlotte Cutler, 'It… Is Ginger Head and Body Wash' is endorsed by celebrities such as Kate Moss, Denise Van Outen, Meg Mathews and Jenny Frost."

---------

You are using a product originally designed for women.

Michael Davis
03-07-2005, 01:39 AM
"yah i recently bought a bunch of the suave aloe vera tubes. they were a buck a piece. i got like 10 of them. on my next birthday i plan on filling up my bathtub with all the gel, jumping in, and wondering how i plan on fixing the plumbing."

See, that's beyond metro, that's just gay.

-Michael

Dead
03-07-2005, 01:40 AM
Lever 2000 body wash is what I use. I like it.

I also still use L'Oreal watermelon kids shampoo because I like the smell and because I like how it's "no tears".

nothumb
03-07-2005, 01:41 AM
I use bodywash and I am about as far from metrosexual as one can be. It's super-easy to use and honestly I like how it feels better than soap. Plus my girlfriend buys all different kinds of that crap so I just use whatever's in the shower.

NT

Clarkmeister
03-07-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No, it's simply a product that was first marketed to women. Not the same as "designed for".

2. It's liquid soap! What's the problem again?

IggyWH
03-07-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i feel like a bit of a flake though because i just bought this poof ball. i always made fun of people who used those. but it's actually very good. you don't waste nearly as much body wash with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call them "Faggity Ass Sponge" but my roommate insists it's called a Loofa. Personally, I think "Faggity Ass Sponge" has a better ring to it.

TStoneMBD
03-07-2005, 01:49 AM
dont use the sponge. its not necessary. just pour it on your hands and rub it on your body. it self-lathers.

Clarkmeister
03-07-2005, 01:55 AM
BTW, anyone else remember the Craig Ironhead Heyward Zest commercials where he said in the girly voice "but Ironhead - what's with this thingy?"

Here's a great Onion article about that commercial -

Congress To Ironhead:
"What's with this Thingy?"

WASHINGTON, DC--Under fire for a litany of alleged "inappropriately
feminine" personal-hygiene practices, St. Louis Rams running back Craig
"Ironhead" Heyward testified under federal subpoena Monday before the
Senate Investigatory Subcommittee on Bath And Shower Gender-Role
Standards And Norms.

According to Washington insiders, the chief focus of the formal inquest
concerned the popular athlete's rumored use of Zest-brand body-wash
liquid soap, a product perceived by many lawmakers on Capitol Hill as
"just for the ladies."

"There is a feeling among many in Washington that this girlish and
fanciful liquid soap may be an unacceptably feminine cleansing agent for
a man of Mr. Heyward's supposed tough-guy stature," said Sen. Sam
Brownback (R-KS), in a statement to the press shortly before the start
of hearings. "Given Ironhead's obviously intimidating physical presence,
and the possibility that he may resent his masculinity being called into
question publicly, I'm sure we all can appreciate how potentially
volatile these hearings may be."

Fellow committee member Sen. Paul Sarbanes (D-MD) agreed. "Certainly,
there are dangers involved in such hearings," he said. "Nonetheless, we
will pull no punches. If Ironhead is, in fact, a liquid-soap user and
proponent, it is our duty to determine whether or not his manliness has
been irrevocably compromised."

Despite the gravity of the charges levied against him, Heyward
maintained his composure throughout the hearing. "I'm used to a
challenge," he told the assembled legislators, boldly challenging them
to reevaluate their biased perceptions of Zest body-wash liquid-soap
products.

"I challenge you!" Heyward said.

Though Heyward's testimony was frequently interrupted by audible
laughter from the back of the senate chambers, he was steadfast in his
pro-liquid-soap stance. "I hear you snickering!" the visibly agitated
Heyward said. "Listen, chump: Zest body wash doesn't contain heavy
moisturizers!"

The hearing reached its most heated moment when investigatory
subcommittee chairperson Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) held up what some in
Washington are describing as "the smoking gun": an undeniably frilly
shower-sponge device used for liquid-soap application.

Adopting a humorously exaggerated "girly-man" persona and affecting a
mocking, high-pitched tone of voice, Hagel dangled the lacy, doily-like
sponge from its string and said, "Hey, Ironhead? What's with this
thingy?"

Angered, Heyward responded that the proper term for the object the
senator had referred to as a "thingy" is, in fact, a "lather-builder,"
and went on to state that the device is the best possible utensil for
any serious athlete's heavy-duty post-workout bathing needs.

"Mr. Senator, I will have you know, in no uncertain terms, that the
lather-builder you are holding generates up to 70 percent more suds than
regular bar soap!" Heyward said. "That means you get cleaner... period!"

Heyward's pro-thingy stance is being applauded by gender-identity reform
advocates across the nation.

"In Ironhead, we have the rare example of a real man--a burly, muscular,
testosterone-fueled behemoth who has proven his mettletime and time
again on the playing field--who is comfortable enough with his own
sexuality to openly admit his preference for liquid soap," said Glenn
Barrie-Reid of the San Francisco-based New-Age Male-Awareness Task
Force. "Even in the face of pressure from the nation's top elected
officials, he has refused to back down. Ironhead has done immeasurable
good for society, teaching us all a valuable lesson about what being a
real man is all about."

While the national debate over gender-appropriate bathroom-product usage
is far from over, many observers feel that Heyward's appearance before
Congress represents a major victory for the forces of reform.

"Because of Ironhead, the tricky issue of bathroom-product
sexual-role-identification is finally being discussed openly and
honestly," said University of California-Berkeley sociology professor
Nelson Laine. "Thanks to his commitment to bringing this issue out into
the fore, we can all bathe a little easier."

"We as a nation have received a powerful message, one we will not soon
forget," Laine said. "Ironhead has taught us that, male or female,
what's important is not how we wash or with what we wash, but whether or
not, at the end of the day, we are Zestfully clean."

IronDragon1
03-07-2005, 02:01 AM
St. Ives energizing Citrus

NOT St. Ides mind you

Sponger15SB
03-07-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also still use L'Oreal watermelon kids shampoo because I like the smell and because I like how it's "no tears".

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha nice in high school I used that stuff.

I just use Suave aka cheapo supermarket brand.

housenuts
03-07-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call them "Faggity Ass Sponge" but my roommate insists it's called a Loofa. Personally, I think "Faggity Ass Sponge" has a better ring to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to call these fagg balls. i made fun of my roommate too. now i have gone out and bought one and they are in fact good. and ya i believe they are called loofa's. and if using it makes me gay, then i guess i'm a big queer.

Dead
03-07-2005, 02:12 AM
I just use on of those sponges that looks like a kitchen sponge except its soft like a loofa. But I hate the loofas.

Dead
03-07-2005, 02:12 AM
Ah Suave.

I hear it's made from really low quality stuff, hence its low price. I wouldn't want to use it on my hair.

TStoneMBD
03-07-2005, 02:15 AM
oh sorry i wasnt clear. its not the shampoo i use. the suave stuff that i purchased comes in little 6oz bottles. its aloe vera gel for your skin.

Dead
03-07-2005, 02:17 AM
Ah my post was to Sponger, MBD. He was the one who mentioned Suave shampoo so I was responding to him.

I don't know anything about your Suave products.

thatpfunk
03-07-2005, 02:25 AM
Everytime I sue bodywash I don't feel as "clean" as I do when I use my bar...

Its completely pyschological I'm sure.

fwiw, I use Dove bar, and its the only bar soap I can use that doens't ruin my skin.

peachy
03-07-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I also use Blue from Ralph Lauren however I usually use that when I shave. I use the shave gel and after shave as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey!! i use these sometimes!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

NLSoldier
03-07-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey!! i use these sometimes!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING!

sublime
03-07-2005, 11:02 AM
great stuff guys, thanks for the info.

B Dids
03-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Lever 2000 is good stuff. It's what I use.

Isura
03-07-2005, 02:59 PM
I used the Lever 2000 body wash for a long time. It was basically the same as the bar, but made my skin less dry. But these days I use a bar again, I find there's almost the same but are cheaper.

beerbandit
03-07-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
metrosexual

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell does this mean

RollaJ
03-07-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and i think its great. it also makes masterbating easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if it gets to tough, we'll all just have to pull together and make it work /images/graemlins/frown.gif

That was even gay-er than body wash /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

xadrez
03-07-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cocoa butter

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have this neighbor who was an ex-con. Hed tell these gruesome stories about being in jail to my roomates and I when we were all baked. Lets just say I can never buy a bottle of cocoa butter, ever.

housenuts
03-07-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
metrosexual

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell does this mean

[/ QUOTE ]

have you been living under a rock the past year?

Ulysses
03-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I use Lever 2000 bar soap and Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo. I also like Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo.

FWIW, the gay guy who sold me the Aveda shampoo said that he uses that shampoo instead of soap.

The Dude
03-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Clark, I can't actually bring words to what I want to say in response to your inital post, but I can't bring myself to let it sit, either. I really don't know what to say.

nolanfan34
03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clark, I can't actually bring words to what I want to say in response to your inital post, but I can't bring myself to let it sit, either. I really don't know what to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does The Dude abide with Clark's post?

beerbandit
03-07-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo

[/ QUOTE ]

that shampoo is sweet, my ex-old lady had it ---- every snipe attempt was foiled

i guess i should just go buy some

cheers

DcifrThs
03-07-2005, 06:13 PM
i was using bodywash and a poof/loofa/lufa/faggity ass thingy well before the term "metrasexual" arose from our socialite need-to-define-ever-segment-of-the-population society. if you use bodywash and are now all of a sudden given the name: metrasexual, then fine, whatever...its just silly to have these arguments over what catagory people belong in because society is the entity that made those catagories to begin with...you just happen to draw the line in a stupid place (el d, im being sarcastic not stupid and contradicting the previous point.)...society is also a term engendered by its very definition...

-Barron

DcifrThs
03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the first three items that come up under a Google search for "body wash:"

http://www.lamasbeauty.com/radiantc.html - "As recommended by the Beauty Editors at Modern Salon, Upscale, DaySpa and other prestigious magazines!"

http://www.dove.com/your_skin/cool_moisture_body_wash.asp

http://www.asos.com/product.asp?sku=BACBP1018 - "Created by Patsy Palmer and Charlotte Cutler, 'It… Is Ginger Head and Body Wash' is endorsed by celebrities such as Kate Moss, Denise Van Outen, Meg Mathews and Jenny Frost."

---------

[/ QUOTE ]

does soap not "wash your body"? can it not be termed thusly?

-Barron

The Dude
03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Scott, that's got to be the worst misuses of a TBL line I've ever seen in my live. I refuse to even quote it.

Dead
03-07-2005, 06:31 PM
[censored] it dude. Let's go bowling.

thatpfunk
03-07-2005, 07:06 PM
And a good day to you Sir!!

htc1278
03-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Oh, a google search said so. Everyone stands corrected...

terrapin314
03-07-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cocoa butter

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have this neighbor who was an ex-con. Hed tell these gruesome stories about being in jail to my roomates and I when we were all baked. Lets just say I can never buy a bottle of cocoa butter, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I never heard that story, it would be too soon.

Just for kicks, the Old Spice Red Zone is good stuff. After I ran out of hotel soap from the El Cortez.

I just use a washcloth. No pink Loofa's for me.

fluxrad
03-07-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have dry skin and use Oil of Olay, but it's like $8.50 a bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear to god this thread is straight out of Queer Eye for the Poker Guy.

Use soap. Make sure you wash your junk so it doesn't smell funny.

Next, there's going to be a thread on how you guys don't like eating bon bon's because they go straight to your thighs.