PDA

View Full Version : Ivey vs. Sklansky

Damaging
03-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Is there anything containing how their match played out? I see nothing at CP.

Also, where'd those Negraneau comments about Sklansky come from?

Hold'me
03-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Sklansky won.

In Paradise
03-07-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anything containing how their match played out? I see nothing at CP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was at the event and watched the match for the last 20-30 minutes. From where I was it looked like Ivey was as aggressive as ever. At one point I noticed Phil raised on the button 7 consecutive hands. I was watching the Raymer-Libert match as well and may have missed a hand or two but I don't remember more than one or two hands where Ivey didn't raise on the button. At one point Sklansky had a 25k-15k lead and just a short while later Ivey had taken the lead with small pots won with preflop raises. Finally one on hand Ivey got action from his button raise and the flop came J 7 J. I think Sklansky checked and then raised Phil all in and Phil called. Phil had David covered and turned over 88. Sklansky had J 10. I think this hand gave Sklansky the lead back and won it a short while after. On the final hand David had A 10 of hearts and Phil had 64. David flopped the nut flush and had the hand won on the turn.
It was real interesting to watch these two play. Phil just kept hammering and hammering and David waited him out and caught him with his hand in the cookie jar.

FrankLu99
03-07-2005, 05:18 PM
cool thanks