PDA

View Full Version : Tourney Masters winner: stupidsucker

raptor517
03-06-2005, 08:31 PM
grats man, though i wish u didnt suck out on me, lol /images/graemlins/wink.gif strong showing by yugoslov too. course i got 3rd, but it was fun, dint cost me anything but i still felt like i lost a million bucks. ah well, GJ seat11, play the series, turn the lil tourney masters thing into a bajillion dollars. holla

gah, how could i forget, apathy did awesome too. im upset cuz im getting destroyed right now, not thinking clearly, holla

The Yugoslavian
03-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah....rail birding StupidSucker was the highlight of my day (so far anyway)!!!

Of course....by saying I had a 'strong showing' he meant I didn't even sniff the final table, /images/graemlins/frown.gif (33rd).

Apathy had a strong showing...much stronger than I...so he should get some props as well. 2+2 Pwn3d that tourny any way you look at it.

Raptor played very well too FWIW -- Stupid was just too much of a maniac and kept winning all his coin flips and such....he also pulled a Lorinda Special HU at one point /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

A good time was had by all except 2nd place (oh, and raptor.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

Yugoslav

stupidsucker
03-06-2005, 08:45 PM
ill post when im done calling everyone I know.

trust me, this wont take long.

I am going to call Empire now to confirm what happens next.

curtains
03-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Congrats man! Werent you the one that said you couldnt win just a few days ago?

Apathy
03-06-2005, 08:55 PM
How to win the tourney masters by stupid sucker:

1. Call every bluff your opponents make even with A high.
2. Win every race
3. Raise every time its folded to you
4. Suck out on 2+2ers /images/graemlins/blush.gif
5. ALWAYS RIVER QUADS

Great job man you played an insanely aggresive final table... Good thing that guy didn't wanna deal with you. Represent in the series!!

raptor517
03-06-2005, 08:57 PM
lol, great post apathy. /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

Oluwafemi
03-06-2005, 09:08 PM
was this a multi-table event? what'd he win?

Jurollo
03-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Stupidsucker, they will email you in about 48-72 hours telling you congrats and that they'll be back in touch around May. I won the VIP freeroll this month for a seat and that is what happened. 3rd 2+2'er on Team Empire now. 2 of us (me and you) are old SNG'ers. Good Job man, see you at the WSOP!
~Justin

The Yugoslavian
03-06-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The top 50 STT and top 50 MTT players on Empire got a freeroll into a winner takes all WSOP seat tourney.

StupidSucker won the whole thing. It's worth 10k. Whether he decides to sell or go play in it is TBD (I'd imagine he's selling it).

Yugoslav

Jurollo
03-06-2005, 09:14 PM
The are unfortunately non-transferable, it is in the T&C's
~Justin

The Yugoslavian
03-06-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The are unfortunately non-transferable, it is in the T&C's
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

No way to sell it? Hmmmm. Yeah, that sorta sucks. But still, getting to play in the WSOP is not half bad!

Yugoslav

stupidsucker
03-06-2005, 09:20 PM
I was the cold call master in this one...Letting people take it to me and then the moment they got weak I made them pay to play. I basicaly was the chip leader or within the top 5 since the first break. I leaned on everone I could. I was lucky to have 2-3 people behind me almost the entire tourny that were not there. So I sucked up their blinds every time I could.

In the end, it was all about winning some races, but most of the time I never had to go to showdown.

I got insanely lucky on one very crucial hand(not to mention the KT suckout vs JJ... at least I was the pusher)

When I flopped top pair HU with Q6 on a rag board I took it to him hard.. He showed me 77 and my heart sank... turn 6 and a uneeded stick in the eye river 6 for the quads was the big blow.

Last hand came down to the kicker. my A9 to his A2 (I think).

I am interested in selling this seat if they allow it. I cant find the number for party support, but I emailed empire. If they dont allow it, I will be selling pieces of myself to anyone interested. Details to come later.

Sorry if this is mundane to everyone else, but its kinda a dream of mine come true, there was no way in hell I could have played this year without winning this seat.

I offered this guy a deal and he didnt take it... I told him for a mere 5k he could have the seat.. At the time I was the 2/3 chip leader HU... He should have taken it, cause I caught some lucky hands in the end.

curtains
03-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Of course it's not mundane, congrats man! It's super exciting to win satellites like that!

The Yugoslavian
03-06-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course it's not mundane, congrats man! It's super exciting to win satellites like that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. It was exciting for me and I didn't even win /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
03-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Congrats SS! Make the most of it!

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this is mundane to everyone else, but its kinda a dream of mine come true, there was no way in hell I could have played this year without winning this seat.

I offered this guy a deal and he didnt take it... I told him for a mere 5k he could have the seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

One should not sell one's dreams for 5K.

stupidsucker
03-06-2005, 09:43 PM
with an extra 5k in my hands right now, I can BR myself to move out of the 30s and hit the 100s instead. I can make the 10k back by june with extra np.

Not everyone can understand the pressure involved with playing poker for a living. I recently spread myself very thin by moving back to the bay area. 5-9k in my pocket is peace of mind that playing in a 8000 player tournament can not.

The freedom gained by having money now is worth a million to me.

AA suited
03-06-2005, 09:49 PM
and how would u know he would pay you the 5k?!

you can't chop at party, right???

Oluwafemi
03-06-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The top 50 STT and top 50 MTT players on Empire got a freeroll into a winner takes all WSOP seat tourney.

StupidSucker won the whole thing. It's worth 10k. Whether he decides to sell or go play in it is TBD (I'd imagine he's selling it).

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Oluwafemi
03-06-2005, 09:59 PM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif are you gonna try and sell it to augument your SNG bankroll? you'll be a regular $109 and $215 winner probably by years end. i was doing so interesting calculations. [correct me if i'm off]but if you can play 1000 $215 SNGs a month [rounded up to 34 a day]with a 10% ROI, you can earn $250,000+ a year.

Best of Luck,

Oluwafemi

SuitedSixes
03-06-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not everyone can understand the pressure involved with playing poker for a living. I recently spread myself very thin by moving back to the bay area. 5-9k in my pocket is peace of mind that playing in a 8000 player tournament can not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine, yet, what that kind of stress is like. You can't put a price tag on peace of mind. I was just trying to tell you that if this is your dream, maybe it's for the best you didn't get the deal.

Someone Smart said, "The Universe will unfold as it should."

Oluwafemi
03-06-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
with an extra 5k in my hands right now, I can BR myself to move out of the 30s and hit the 100s instead. I can make the 10k back by june with extra np.

The freedom gained by having money now is worth a million to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

word! everyone can't be a ZeeJustin or a Gigabet who could pass over an extra 5-9K for peace of mind.

raptor517
03-07-2005, 12:04 AM
i hate stress. and when im playing poker to pay the bills, its stressful. ok, its not all that stressful because im single and young and bills arent too much, but i hate losing. and going weeks without winning sucks. an extra 5k boost for supidsucker is probably a pretty great thing for the bankroll

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but i hate losing

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...no wonder you didn't take kindly to StupidSucker taking down your JJ with a nicely timed suckout.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav
holla
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

raptor517
03-07-2005, 12:18 AM
lol, what can i say, i thought i had a pretty good shot to win /images/graemlins/wink.gif not like i could play the damn tourney anyway, i hate being young. would have taught my dad to play or sumthin since the account is in his name anyway.. GAH ill see all u punks at the wsop in 2 years. holla

stupidsucker
03-07-2005, 01:45 AM
I thought you were kidding when you said you were not 21 :/ ...

That would have been awkward...

raptor517
03-07-2005, 01:55 AM
lol. im 18 /images/graemlins/wink.gif neat that some young punk plays poker and makes more than his parents. muhahahaha

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol. im 18 /images/graemlins/wink.gif neat that some young punk plays poker and makes more than his parents. muhahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla!

Yugoslav
Do you call your parents up every night and tell them this and laugh? That'd be hilariously mean if you did!

Mr_J
03-07-2005, 02:28 AM
Congrats man. Yeh as cool as it'd be to play in the WSOP, being able to BR yourself for the 109s is a better move in the real world. A 100 buy-in BR really takes pressure off.

raptor517
03-07-2005, 02:45 AM
lol, only once a month or so /images/graemlins/wink.gif hey yugo, u used to play chess right? i wanna play u. im pretty terrible late game, but i started playing and trying to learn. could be fun. holla at me, if u got aim im raptor51786. holla

curtains
03-07-2005, 02:46 AM
raptor if you are trying to learn chess go to www.chessclub.com (http://www.chessclub.com) immediately and start playing there.

raptor517
03-07-2005, 02:48 AM
lol i been playing on yahoo. ill check it out, thanks for the link /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

curtains
03-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah playing on yahoo is stupid. Thats like playing on Planet Poker instead of Party or Stars.

raptor517
03-07-2005, 03:29 AM
lol, good analogy. planet poker sucks. is there any online sites that have good late game information? my openings are pretty solid, but i think i give up quite a bit towards the end.. any advice? holla

curtains
03-07-2005, 03:53 AM
Not really sure....chess is much harder to get good at than poker. Play some on ICC, that should help. Get a coach if you are really serious, I could refer you to a good one.

lacky
03-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Hey now, those of us that are old enough that we were there for the start of this whole internet poker thing will always have a warm feeling for planet.

Yeah, I haven't played there in years, but I have lots of good memories from that place.

Steve

raptor517
03-07-2005, 04:16 AM
lacky u must be a dinosaur. /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

Hawkeye27
03-07-2005, 11:00 AM
I busted out 11th. Was looking to double up my shortish stack and decided to push in the big blind when the button minraised. I had 33 and was hoping for a coin flip if he called. Unfortunately he had 99 and I'm gone.

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, only once a month or so /images/graemlins/wink.gif hey yugo, u used to play chess right? i wanna play u. im pretty terrible late game, but i started playing and trying to learn. could be fun. holla at me, if u got aim im raptor51786. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I used to play chess. In fact, I had to play two weeks ago in the stupid West Amateur Team Tournament or some nonsense (my board one from college called me in....he's the only reason I've ever won anything at chess so, for that, I owe).

As far as getting better, you really ought to be talking to curtains. He is almost infinitely better at chess than I am (so is his sister, btw).

As far as getting better at chess, playing on ICC or online in general is fine but you really ought to be playing longer than 5 or 10 minutes games, IMO. Also, openings are inconsequential -- it's the middle and endgame that need the most attention (again, IMHO).

I remember the first endgame book I ever read was some Silman book and quite handy....forget the name though. I'd recommend Dvoretsky's endgame manual but while being presented in an amazing way, it's likely over your head (I have no idea, of course).

I'll send you an AIM at some point ...... generally chess is hugely -$EV but I guess it can be fun sometimes.

Yugoslav
holla!

raptor517
03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
lol, hawkeye i think that was me that busted you out, bebop86, holla /images/graemlins/wink.gif