PDA

View Full Version : Running w/o the ball w/the nutflush draw...

elonkra
03-06-2005, 07:49 PM
6man SNG
$25/$50 blinds
5 players remaining
You are in second place w/roughly $1050 in chips
Villain has roughly $900 in chips
Other chipholders have stacks ranging from $1600 to $200

One UTG limper into you on the BB, where you sit with A10 (both diamonds). You check, $125 pot on the flop of J92 (two diamonds).

You bet $125 (the pot) in hopes that villain will fear you've connected with the flop against his overcards/underpair. Villain hesitates for a moment and calls, turn comes 4, not a diamond, action to you. $375 in the pot, you're sitting on $875 in chips, villain is sitting on $725 in chips

What do you do?

J-Lo
03-06-2005, 08:50 PM
either A checkraise all in on flop or B check again on turn... betting out of positoin on a draw will leave u in troubled spots with these stack sizes.

raptor517
03-06-2005, 08:59 PM
i like a check raise on the flop. but i would definitely check the turn. depends on the size of the bet he makes what i would do.

elonkra
03-06-2005, 09:26 PM
I buess I've just been having a lot of luck lately getting people to lay their cards down in these one-on-one situations by betting flushdraws out of position on the flop and even w/the follow-up turn bet (e.g., here, the guy folded to my $300 turn bet). I think the out-of-position betting forces the other guy to give me some credit, but I suppose you guys are right and this is relatively suicidal. I think a large part of this move has to do with the fact that I often successfully put hesitating callers on a draw/overcards (again, I suppose this has more to do w/luck than anything else). Thanks for the feedback.