PDA

View Full Version : My trips with a junk hand

RoyalLance
03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
It was ten minutes into a freeroll at Ultimate Bet. In this hand I had about 1300 Chip out of the starting 1500. I was dealt J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif one position off the button at the 9-handed table. The action before me is call, call, fold, fold, call (blinds were 5/10). I decided to call. I would have folded a hand like Jack-Three but I would be second to last of act after the flop and none of the other calls yelled out strength. Yes I could have gone for the steal at this position but steals are not that successful in freerolls like these. The blinds stayed in after me before the flop.

The flop came down J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

The blinds check the UTG position player, who has about 1800 chips bet 60. Two players folded to me. I called the 60. The button called. Small blind folded.

The turn brings up a 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Big blind Checks. UGT bets ten. I threw in 270 to chase away anyone with spades. Blind folded. UTG re-raises to 1050. I went all in for 1235 and the UTG called my bet.

I flipped up my hidden Jack and my opponent showed down a mere 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

The river was meaningless T /images/graemlins/heart.gif and my trips jack won 2710.

I knew I was very lucky this hand but I'm glad I snagged a fish's chips that time around.

Potowame
03-06-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It was ten minutes into a freeroll at Ultimate Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a game with players that have a clue, you are either going to get broke or win a small pot in these situations.

RoyalLance
03-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Like I said, I was very luck on a lose pre-flop call I very rarely make.