PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back Baby!

housenuts
03-06-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope the idiot who started it is now banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

after a well deserved 1-week suspension i'm back! you probably didn't notice or care but i'm the idiot who started the highly controversial thread about the best way to rape someone. i guess some people took it seriously. i posted it around 2am and went to bed shortly after. i managed to see about 2 pages of replies in the few minutes before i went to bed. nothing was particularly harsh in my direction. i guess that changed later on.

in another thread pshreck wrote [ QUOTE ]
Yeah, funny part is, is that he was getting destroyed at that point, and Im pretty sure he had no legitimate response. Talk about being saved by the bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately i was unable to see any of the bashing i received as i had gone to bed, and by the time i woke up in the morning the thread was deleted and i was suspended. i would have liked to read my hate mail.

now onto the suspension. at first i thought i'd email the mods and appeal the decision. if they didn't lift the ban i figured i'd make another account for the week. then i realized why don't i take my punishment like a man and do something else with my life. i must say the 1-week suspension was probably the best week of my life. ok...a little exaggeration but it was good.

1) i started and finished a 3,000 word essay on slave rebellions in jamaica
2) i studied like i've never studied before and rocked a psyc midterm
3) i went out friday, saturday, and thursday nights and managed to pick up 2 girls. 2 tallies in a week is good for me, i usually average about 1 new tally a month.
4) i spent more time reading books, as opposed to not doing anything beneficial in OOT.
5) we had a big party last night and my roommate got drunk tanked! i still lead 4-1 in that category.

not that any of that couldn't have or wouldn't have happened without the suspension, but it was a good week. i recommend you try it. you don't have to post a controversial subject, maybe just email the mods and ask them to give you a week suspension. it's good times. if they won't meet your request then you know what to do.

negative consequences of my post:

1) i definitely ruined all my chances with the girls of OOT. oops. haha
2) when i win the wsop, someone will dig up this thread, and it will be posted all over the media that the wsop winner is a rapist
3) the initial heartbreak of realizing i was suspended
4) people like TylerD calling me an idiot. it hurts.
5) it was so damn frustrating being unable to reply to posts. i started bookmarking posts i wanted to reply to, but it got too lengthy. i deleted them all.

that about concludes my post. this isn't really an apology, but acknowledging the lesson learned. remember help stop rape. consent. oops, there i go again. way offside, sorry. i will be a good poster from now on. the amount of best of... posts in OOT was getting ridiculous and i figured i'd stir the pot. i guess i stirred too hard.

feel free to comment, call me an idiot, whatever. i just hope you realize i wasn't serious with my post. that is all.

oh ya, my favourite threads during my suspension:

1) LBT - solid gold
2) hottest news anchor polls - Rudi Bakhtiar takes it hands down
3) craziest fights - ok i didn't read this cause i wasn't going to be able to reply, but i do like jostles

don't feel bad if your thread isn't listed above. i missed a lot. lurking sucks.

cheers

housenuts
03-08-2005, 07:21 AM
been a few days. no one seems to care. i'd wager no one read this lengthy post either. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Catch of the Day
03-08-2005, 07:37 AM
I read this and I would recomend never coming back to 2+2. Also, I appeal to Matt Sklansky to perma-ban you simply because it will substantially improve the overall quality of your life.

and IMO rape no laughing matter. Just ask Prisoner #54971, but then again I missed your original post.

Catch-

housenuts
03-08-2005, 07:47 AM
i agree and this forum is not the place for such things. i'm not sure the quality of my life would go up without 2+2. in fact that's a good question.

in the short-term it probably would. god knows i wouldn't be up at 4am replying to a post by some dude from Mammoth Lakes. that's a start to a better life. however, on the flipside hopefully in the long-run through continuous studying of poker i can turn it into a much more profitable venture and in turn the quality of my life would go up.

Catch of the Day
03-08-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
through continuous studying of poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...The rape posts reflect that mindset completely.

[ QUOTE ]
some dude

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit presumtuous aren't we...I, in fact, could be a honda t-shirt sporting, d-cup wearing, pink haired girl...from Mammoth Lakes.

and yes, its 4:00. I am going to bed. I suggest you do the same.

Catch-

housenuts
03-08-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
through continuous studying of poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...The rape posts reflect that mindset completely.

[ QUOTE ]
some dude

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit presumtuous aren't we...I, in fact, could be a honda t-shirt sporting, d-cup wearing, pink haired girl...from Mammoth Lakes.

and yes, its 4:00. I am going to bed. I suggest you do the same.

Catch-

[/ QUOTE ]

don't want to start an argument but i think you're the one being "presumptuous"
you didn't even read the original post so you're assuming even more.

i find it funny how one of the most popular threads on here involved the beating of 5 year olds, yet there was public outcry about a rape post.

i personally would classify anyone who did either of those acts in the same group at the bottom of society. actually i would probably think even less of someone who beat up 50 5-year olds than a rapist. i fail to see how one is a laughing matter and one isn't.

Evan
03-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Dude, I read your rape post. It was hardly in the same tone as Doug's; you asked what the best way to rape someone was. Now I don't really care that you posted it, in fact I IMed the link to a few people at first because I thought the fact that someone would post it was pretty ridiculous. I think it was pretty stupid to ban your for it, but to compare it to the 5 year old post is even stupider. When I see a post saying "What's the best way to lure 30 5 year olds over to my apartment so that I can smack them around a bit?" then you'll have an argument.

housenuts
03-08-2005, 08:27 AM
so if my post was:

how many people could you ....(i'm not saying it)
You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.
- You are not allowed to touch a wall.
- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are full of your seed, they lose.
- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the people from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 100% in terms of the opposite gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
- The people receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.
- There is no protection for any combatant

this is getting ridiculous. i just find it odd how one is considered funny and one isn't. if you find one funny, and one not funny (whichever may be which) you should look in the mirror and reconsider your values.

it is those people that can laugh at one but not the other that worry me most. why does one excite them, while the other incenses them?
for the hard-noses that find both unfunny you most likely don't have to worry about them.
and for the people that find both funny, they most likely realize it's not serious and can laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. (note: this group does also include some freaks)

but on the whole, where do you draw the line?

Lazymeatball
03-08-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

in another thread pshreck wrote
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, funny part is, is that he was getting destroyed at that point, and Im pretty sure he had no legitimate response. Talk about being saved by the bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe pshreck was referring to a sidetrack argument over whether BrokenGlassCan was a tool or not, and BGC's argument against was lacking.

As for your post, I didn't like it, but I wasn't offended or annoyed by it. However, you obvioulsy knew it would offend people and posted it anyways. Live and learn (or some other applicable cliche.)

And as for your agument about equating physical harm to 5 year olds with rape as a comedic device, you are way off for reasons I will not get into here. Lots of movies, tv shows, plays etc use violent acts and suffering as the punchline to a joke. It's funny to watch an anvil fall on Yosemite Sam. However you are a sick motherfucker if you think it's funny to watch Pepe LePeu rape that cat.

If you can show me one historical useage of rape as a comedic device I might be persuaded.

ToneLoc
03-08-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it is those people that can laugh at one but not the other that worry me most. why does one excite them, while the other incenses them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really fail to understand the difference between the 5y old post and yours?

housenuts
03-08-2005, 09:51 AM
my original intention was not to defend my post. in fact i'm not trying to defend my post. but i like to argue and often get so worked up and then i convince myself i'm right.

in this thread i'm arguing that i fail to see the difference about why beating up 5 year olds is funny and raping people is not.

somehow society has come to the view that rape is never funny. of course rape is never funny, but does that mean jokes about rape can't be funny? beating up 5 year olds is never funny, but apparently jokes up beating them up is.

it was in fact gonores thread that brought me to OOT. i came here once to check it out, and that was the topic that was being debated. i thought it was so funny that i now am a regular here.

when i made my thread i did not have his thread in mind. in fact it has only been in the past hour or so that i'm trying to figure out why one is funny and one isn't. no one has been able to tell me why.

ToneLoc
03-08-2005, 10:01 AM
The idea of a massive fight with an army og 5 years old is rather surrealistic, hence creating a funnny effect.
Rape is, unhappily, not surrealistic. It happens everyday to people. And your post was extremely serious sounding which made things worse.
That is a BIG difference.

Lazymeatball
03-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I just thought of something. For some reason Prison rape is commonly accepted as being funny.

razor
03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Beerfund
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
...the bottom of the food chain. Your life makes me sad. :(

Lazymeatball
03-08-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How lame. you are obviously not ignoring this user as you took the time to open a thread by him, with full knowledge that you think he is "ignore list" worthy, and even went on to respond to his post.

Dead
03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just thought of something. For some reason Prison rape is commonly accepted as being funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, unfortunately. Of course most of the people raped in prison don't deserve it. I'm talking about the drug users and people who committed nonviolent crimes like credit card fraud. They don't deserve to be raped in prison. In fact I don't think they even deserve to BE in prison. Maybe they should pay restitution plus interest instead to the victims.

But, no, I am not going to shed a tear if a convicted child molester in prison gets some of his own medicine. I don't think others will either.

Beerfund
03-08-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking about the drug users and people who committed nonviolent crimes like credit card fraud. They don't deserve to be raped in prison. In fact I don't think they even deserve to BE in prison. Maybe they should pay restitution plus interest instead to the victims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord you're an idiot. The pathetic retards that sell drugs and committ credit card fraud shouldn't be punished they should just have to pay restituion? Right.....and this re-payment is coming from where? I'm sure these losers have very marketable job skills. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lazymeatball
03-08-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking about the drug users and people who committed nonviolent crimes like credit card fraud. They don't deserve to be raped in prison. In fact I don't think they even deserve to BE in prison. Maybe they should pay restitution plus interest instead to the victims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord you're an idiot. The pathetic retards that sell drugs and committ credit card fraud shouldn't be punished they should just have to pay restituion? Right.....and this re-payment is coming from where? I'm sure these losers have very marketable job skills. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you wish to continue this political debate, please take it to the proper forum, ie not this one.