PDA

View Full Version : Was a bluff correct?

Jorge10
03-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Ok heres an interesting hand that just happened to me at a pot limit omaha high low table at party poker. The table was 100 Max Buy In, .50/1 blinds. I had Ah/3/7/8h on the button. The flop was Kc/10h/4h, an opponent bet the pot which was 4 dollars at the time. He was 2 off the button and two players would get a turn after me. I called, and the other two folded. The turn brough a 9c. The board was Kc/10h/4h/9c. He thought about it for a bit then he bet the pot 15 dollars. Now he kept betting since the flop it was very obvious he has pocket kings because he thought about it for a while on the turn and on the flop it was automatic, I cant explain it but I knew he had two kings. So I think and I quickly see that I got an open ended straight draw and a flush draw, so I have a few outs, to beat him. I decided to double his raise to 30 dollars(not the pot, he was a loose player and would call with three kings to pair up). I decided to do that because I figured ok if I raise to 30 and he moves in its obvious he was betting a draw on the flop and my read was wrong, but if he just calls he has trips kings and if a blank or one of my outs comes on the river I can pick up the pot. I had about 50 more dollars left to bet. The river paired the board and he quickly moved in. Did I do anything wrong? Should I have just called his bet on the turn? or How about folded on the flop?