PDA

View Full Version : What's the cure for FPS?

Argus
03-06-2005, 05:04 PM
This is my first hand at the table, and I've never played with villain before. So absolutely no reads. This is probably the first time in my life that I haven't raised preflop with AA, and I did it hoping villain might be making a loose raise in the hijack seat and I want him along for the ride.

Is this too fancy? Or should plays like these have a place in my repertoire?

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fancyplayer is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Fancyplayer calls.

Flop: (4.5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Fancyplayer checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Fancyplayer calls.

Turn: (2.5 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Fancyplayer checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fancyplayer raises</font>, MP3 calls.
<font color="#6611ff">I was planning a check/raise on any card. I probably didn't want to see another ace - even though it gives me the nuts - because if villain doesn't have one he might get scared. I go for my plan anyway; slowplaying two streets is too much for me already. Maybe I'm lucky and he has AQ, A6, or A3.</font>

River: (6.5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Fancyplayer bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fancyplayer 3-bets</font>, calls.
<font color="#6611ff">This fellow is not holding 33, but I am very pleased that he's complicit in my plan to extract a bunch of bets from him.</font>
Final Pot: 12.5 BB

Harv72b
03-06-2005, 05:47 PM
The irony is, against most 2/4 opponents you could've 3-bet preflop &amp; gotten the exact same postflop action. I like the AA preflop cold-call better if I'm going to have position on the PFR, and he's a good, tight player.