PDA

View Full Version : New Jackpot rules at the muck

slavic
03-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I found this interesting as I walked into the room last night.

The Muckleshoot Poker room has decided to change it's jackpot from Aces full of tens beaten by a higher hand to the following.

Quads beaten by quads. BTW if 3 hands qualify only the top two hands qualify for the bad beat. (this is only for 7 stud and stud8 obviously.) Note as written straight flushes do not count, the floor was split 2 to 1 against SF counting when polled later.

I sat down and rough hashed an estimant out last night and I put the number at 90K hands or so between hits but that assumes full hand play. (anyone have a way to estimate this as a fair aproximation?)

Given this is an 18 table room with shufflers, I estimate that many hands play around every two weeks. So the jackpot should go off around 1.5 times a month cutting out those times that people give up on their hands, preflop or after the flop. (est 10 full tables, 30 hands/hour)

Now as a good side to this, most of the 20/40 and up players have been pushing to take the jackpot drop off of those tables. Some of the 10/20 regulars have jumped in too, but I doubt that game has it pulled off.

Anyone see glaring errors?