PDA

View Full Version : Party Million Hand - How to play JJ?

Renixe
03-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Saturday's Party Million - There are about 140 left I believe (trying to recall from memory), I have made the cash. Have a stack size of T25000, blinds 1500/3000. I pick up JJ in MP - folded to me. There are two people behind me that have me covered by 2x (~T50,000) - specifically a guy to my left who seems to always go over the top of me when I raise. Ive been sitting at the same table as this guy for 2 hours, and he has not shown down a hand - he acquired all his chips by going over the top on people and having the other person fold. I decide that I'm going to raise 3x the BB to 9k and see where it goes. The guy to my left calls. My first question - should I have raised all in?

Flop 9QK 2 clubs. What is your move here? I have T16,000 left and the pot size is T22500. Villian has been very selectively aggressive - If he's playing against a raise, he's usually reraising all in or folding. I don't know what to make of his PF call.

billyjex
03-06-2005, 04:20 PM
I think I would have pushed PF -- it's more likely to pick up the blinds and I wouldn't have to deal with awkward flop situations like this..

The pot is large, but those two cards are scary because they very well could have hit your opponent. Honestly, I'm not sure if you should push or check/fold here.

b0000000000m
03-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes, push pre-flop! You can pick up another 18% to add to your stack--that is huge.

Push the flop. You are probably just as likely to win the pot here, or double up, as you are to double-up from 14K. It is much better to harness the chips already in the pot. (Assuming you want to win the tourney).