MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#7 pick....who to take, who to take....

[/ QUOTE ]

#10 pick, hmm I think I feel a pitcher coming my way

bugstud
03-06-2005, 04:30 PM
can we finish that list? I'll add it to the commish note /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clarkmeister
03-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Is Dynasty in this league? If so, my money is on him.

bugstud
03-06-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, nope.

Clarkmeister
03-06-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky for you guys. Dude might be the best ever.

bugstud
03-06-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky for you guys. Dude might be the best ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I prefer to get outplayed in fantasy. cheapest way to learn

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 07:53 PM
So yeah, baseball in a month eh guys? *silently prays Bonds knees hold up and that none of his other key players gets injured, while cursing bugstud for taking joe mauer one pick before he was going to*

bugstud
03-06-2005, 08:58 PM
anyone on my team can be had for a package including teix /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dynasty
03-06-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are doing this draft early. I'm used to doing my league's auction on the weekend before the MLB season starts.

bugstud
03-06-2005, 09:09 PM
I have nothing better to do this weekend and upcoming spring break is wiping out two weekends.

I'm all up for more leagues with a draft right before the MLB season.

MicroBob
03-06-2005, 09:10 PM
I thought I was in this league but I guess not.

I checked on bugstud's league and found that the draft has already taken place, my team is set, and that other owners have been making roster moves.

bugstud
03-06-2005, 09:22 PM
aren't you in the single season?

I honestly have no idea, if not tell me I can get you in the single season tonight at 1030 CST

MicroBob
03-06-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm the Fighting Microbobs in whatever league I'm in.
(rock & roll).

I thought I had signed-up for the keeper league as per your instructions.

I have no idea who's in this league...
team names include Bosoxbombers1, terminators, hopgobblers and adirondack lumberjax.
I just checked in and saw that I already have a roster.
I have no idea what's going on.

bugstud
03-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Bob, that's not our league

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone on my team can be had for a package including teix /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Teixeira for Joe Mauer, Derrek Lee, and Carl Crawford? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bugstud
03-06-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Teixeira for Joe Mauer, Derrek Lee, and Carl Crawford? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I said anyone, not everyone /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said anyone, not everyone /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hey I have high demands for teix, especially considering this is a keeper league and I think he'll be the #2 1b behind Pujols for years to come.

P.S. I'm a trade master, seeing how I pulled off the first trade of the year by trading my last round pick for Jaret Wright

bugstud
03-06-2005, 09:46 PM
understandable, I'm willing to do crawford and stuff for teix and stuff assuming it helps the both of us out

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
understandable, I'm willing to do crawford and stuff for teix and stuff assuming it helps the both of us out

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, the problem is your best player is an OF and I'm very set at OF with Bonds, Sheffield, and Wilkerson. Plus I really don't wanna part with Teixeira, so it probably won't be happening.

IggyWH
03-06-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

bugstud
03-06-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

I commish goot

bugstud
03-06-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, the problem is your best player is an OF and I'm very set at OF with Bonds, Sheffield, and Wilkerson. Plus I really don't wanna part with Teixeira, so it probably won't be happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Move wilkerson to first, and util bats own

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Move wilkerson to first, and util bats own

[/ QUOTE ]

my demands stand at awaiting you to get so desperate for teixeira that you make some completely unbalanced offer such as the lee, mauer, crawford one /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bugstud
03-06-2005, 10:01 PM
the word I'm thinking of rhymes with bastard Dook lover /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bastard Dook lover

[/ QUOTE ]

wait does bastard duke lover rhyme with that? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MicroBob
03-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Very weird.

bugstud and I figured out that he gave me the wrong league # so somehow I signed-up for this other league.

It's a weekly head-to-head thing. Someone has posted that they want to trade for a starting pitcher... I don't know if all these guys know each other or not.

One of them is named Adirondack Lumberjax which was the name of an old minor-league team in Glens Falls, NY (about 2 hours north of Albany). So I wonder if that's where these dudes are from.
I had actually broadcast some minor-league games between Elmira and Adirondack up there in 2002. Weird.

i just left this note on the message board:

by: Fighting Microbobs (microbob39) Mar 6 7:57pm
I was signing up for a league....but the guy gave me the wrong number (put a 7 at the end...instead of a 4).

I don't know how I made it this far since I would think our passwords are different...but somehow I accidentally registered in this league.
Just found out that it's not the group of guys I know.

Anyway...if you want to keep me in the league that's fine...if there's a way to throw me out and you want to do that then that's fine too.

I only have 1 other team so I can actually participate in this one if you like.

Very odd and kinda funny.

So...is this some group of guys who all know each other or is it kinda random? I thought this was a pass-word protected league but maybe I somehow signed-up for a public league.

- bob

(I'm kinda hoping I signed up for a league with a bunch of Italian mobsters or something)

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Reasons I will own this league:

1. Barry Bonds falling to me at #10
2. Getting Teixeira
3. Making Nolanfan or bugstud swear every time I picked /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
4. Probably being the first person in fantasy baseball league history to pull off a trade for "a player to be named later" (JoeTall middraft in disgust of picking Jaret Wright traded him to me for a player to be named later)
5. Brian Roberts pwns

doughhater
03-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Brian Roberts licks balls. He doesn't even start for that lousy team that he's on.
My superior infield will PWN your over the hill steroid inflated outfielders.

Custer
03-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi. I'm Doughhater's roommate (Dough Haters). I just wanted to state publicly that Doughhater did not tell me that "Age" was not an official rotisserie category in this league until AFTER we drafted.

Good luck to all.

Go Pirates!

(I figured this might be the only time someone posts that sentence this year, as I believe our fan base is now down to 2.)

scott8
03-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Carne Asada takes the whole burrito!!

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brian Roberts licks balls. He doesn't even start for that lousy team that he's on.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, who do you think is starting at 2nd base?

doughhater
03-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I was under the impression that David Newhan was the second baseman, and Roberts would see DH time.

MicroBob
03-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I just tried to sign-up for the keeper league but as unable to get in.

oh well.

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Custer which team are you?

ftball0000
03-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Beware of the Fighting Amish

That is all

doughhater
03-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Custer is my roommate. As such, we couldn't both sign up for the same league because of the live draft, so we split the $50 and are joint managing the one team.

MEbenhoe
03-06-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that David Newhan was the second baseman, and Roberts would see DH time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression Newhan didnt even play 2nd base, and that it was the other way around /images/graemlins/confused.gif

P.S. word is Newhan might see some time in the outfield as well

doughhater
03-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I know that I had Roberts on one of my teams last year, and for the last part of the season, he was hitting right behind Newhan, playing DH. Things could have changed since then, I'm sure, but I was just recalling what I knew. Looking more closely at their depth chart, I am much more willing to believe that Newhan will play left with Roberts at 2nd. Mostly I was just giving you [censored].

WillMagic
03-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Reasons I will win this league:

wait for it.....

um...

Will

z32fanatic
03-07-2005, 12:09 AM
Reasons Snuffys will pwn this league:
1. Arod is god
2. Nohhhmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
3. Alou in the 9th round and Pettitte in the 16th round were 2 of the best picks in the draft.
4. Nohhhmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MEbenhoe
03-07-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that I had Roberts on one of my teams last year, and for the last part of the season, he was hitting right behind Newhan, playing DH.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, well even if he does end up at DH means he can concentrate on racking up those offensive numbers. /images/graemlins/grin.gif