PDA

View Full Version : Can I espcape here?

B Dids
03-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Party 2/4

KQo in MP. UTG limps (the only think I know about him is that he limped AKo earlier and was in check mode on a raggy flop where nobody bet until the river), a fishy loose passive guy limps, UTG re-raises. I call, fishy calls.

Flop Axx, two spades. Check, check, check. Turn is the K of spades. UTG bets, fishy calls I call.

Turn x. UTG bets, fish calls, I call.

I've been getting limp-reraise with mid PPs a lot, so I have a hard time giving the guy credit for the standard AA/KK. At the same time, I don't feel like I'm ahead often enough on the turn vs. a limp re-raiser to raise him. I feel like this hand sucks, but I'm not sure where I should dump it.

rmarotti
03-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Meh. The limp re-raise/flop check is mighty suspicious. The only way I can see to "espcape" here /images/graemlins/grin.gif is to raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet, but you got to see a showdown for the same price. Like I said: Meh.

Harv72b
03-06-2005, 03:58 PM
This may seem odd with KQo, but why not bet the flop when it's checked to you? Most players assume an A-high hand from anyone who PFR's & calls a 3-bet, so you might well get two folds if they're both playing the hoped-for smaller pocket pairs. And if you get check/raised by UTG on the flop or turn, it becomes a pretty easy fold.

rmarotti
03-06-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This may seem odd with KQo, but why not bet the flop when it's checked to you? Most players assume an A-high hand from anyone who PFR's & calls a 3-bet, so you might well get two folds if they're both playing the hoped-for smaller pocket pairs. And if you get check/raised by UTG on the flop or turn, it becomes a pretty easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a way better idea than mine.