PDA

View Full Version : K8s hand...river decision

Harv72b
03-06-2005, 02:13 PM
CO is extremely LA-N over ~ 50 hands (74/15/1.5). BB is a pretty good sLA-A over ~170.

I had flopped 2 pair at this same table less than an orbit before and played it exactly the opposite, check/calling the uncoordinated flop and then check/raising the turn. I have been aggressively betting my draws/overcards on the flop & turn.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...?

My thinking:
-CO will call a river bet with any pair.
-CO will raise a river bet with an 8.
-CO will fold to a river bet with A high or a busted flush draw, but there's a better than even chance that he'll bet if checked to. He's very likely to bet with a weaker made hand if checked to.
-If I check/raise, he'll call with any made hand or possibly even A high/GK.

Bet or go for the check/raise?

rmarotti
03-06-2005, 03:38 PM
From the description of CO that you give, c/raising seems to be the way to get the most money in the pot.

Harv72b
03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
back to page 1 for the evening crowd. /images/graemlins/smile.gif