PDA

View Full Version : Critique, please

TomRowe
03-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Only thing to add is that I meant to raise $600 to $1000, not raise to $600 ... didn't hit the right buttons. Not that it matters, my goal was to get all-in, which I did.

Obviously, Aces get cracked. No problem there. Just wondering whether my play was right at this time of the tourny with the blinds and stack size. I'd say I was ITM, playing for 1st, willing to take 3rd.

Thanks for any suggestions or criticism.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t8855)
SB (t2430)
Hero (t2215)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, SB calls t200.

Flop: (t1200) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1830</font>, Hero calls t415 (All-In).

Turn: (t4645) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t4645) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t4645

SB has Kd 4s (full house, kings full of eights).
Hero has Ac Ah (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: SB wins t4645.

raptor517
03-06-2005, 02:11 PM
u got sucked out on, what do you want to hear?

Scuba Chuck
03-06-2005, 02:17 PM
You should have flashed him your aces first.

TomRowe
03-06-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
u got sucked out on, what do you want to hear?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's go back and read my post again for the first time ...

"Obviously, Aces get cracked. No problem there. Just wondering whether my play was right at this time of the tourny with the blinds and stack size. I'd say I was ITM, playing for 1st, willing to take 3rd."

I understand I got sucked out, hence the first sentence. The second sentence shows I really don't care about being sucked out. The question posed was did I play it right at this stage in the tourny? I think I did, but was just checking with those here who have far more experience and talent than me. This could have been played differently:

If I raise all-in pre-flop, I probably pick up the blinds plus his $400 raise (he had K4o). That didn't seem like a good use for AA. But, maybe that is what I was supposed to do. Clearly he went all in with me because of the K on the flop.

If this play seems obvious to a player of your high level of skill, remember that for those of us not yet at your level, that is what we come here for.

Now, can you give me any thoughts that might be of value?

Phil Van Sexton
03-06-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, can you give me any thoughts that might be of value?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Your play was fine. You made him put more money in pre-flop without scaring him off, then you went allin on the flop. This is standard.

raptor517
03-06-2005, 02:35 PM
lol, dont get all defensive, im telling you that there is nothing wrong with how you played it. you got all your money in as a big favorite, what more do you want.

TomRowe
03-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I read a post here the other day and I can't say it better:

"Thicker skin has been ordered from ebay. Delivery in 3-6 weeks."

Thanks for the feedback.

Tom

bweiser8311962
03-06-2005, 03:55 PM
You got beat by a moron. Plain and simple. Raising with K/4o I guess is OK to try to steal your blind (I wouldn't do it). The rest of your play was fine. He had top pair, weak kicker. Better luck next time.

curtains
03-06-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't like your accidental min raise. Everything else is fine. Really there isn't much constructive to say about this hand.

Travis
03-06-2005, 05:22 PM
FWIW I think you played the hand fine. I might even like the minraise. Slow playing aces against an aggresive villian when things get this short handed can be very profitable. Allow the villian to connect with the flop and then get all your chips in - which is what you did. Hard to get your chips in without the villian having some outs. He just happened to hit one of his few outs. If the guy was really aggresive you might have just called preflop and let him keep betting at you. As it happened your aggression didn't slow him down one bit.