PDA

View Full Version : AKs played aggresively, hits TPTK and slows down.

partygirluk
03-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, intending to call.

Preflop is standard, and I pretty much autobet the flop after raising preflop (unless I have missed and am up against 3+ players). The turn card felt like it was just giving me enough to stay in, perhaps bet/fold to a raise is better?

For the river, I felt bet/fold, check/call and check/fold were all valid options. Felt a bit lost on this one really.

Edited to add: Part of the reason I checked the turn was because if it went bet:raise to me, I would save a bet.

dave44
03-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure about the turn check, because I don't want to see this one get checked through. A raise would be tough to deal with though because he could be raising with a hand you have beat. I think I'd bet and call down if raised.

Given the way you played the turn, I think a check-call is fine, although a bet/fold to a raise seems like a decent option as well since he may check behind a lower pair or weaker king but if he raises he almost certainly has you beat.

Transference
03-06-2005, 04:48 PM
You must bet this turn.

Jeff W
03-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Your play makes no sense. You have two opponents and top pair/top kicker. You are a solid favorite to win the hand. Giving a free card on this three-flush board is dangerous. After you bet the turn, you should bet the river and plan to be called by 44.

The fact that you think check-folding is valid option on the river is really bizarre.

[ QUOTE ]
Felt a bit lost on this one really.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both. /images/graemlins/confused.gif