PDA

View Full Version : auto-rate rules

masonx
03-06-2005, 12:57 PM
anyone know where to find a good set of auto-rate rules for PT? or are the ones that come with it the ones to go by?

bonanz
03-06-2005, 04:53 PM
search for some notes on notes by bisonbison. or there is a good post about that by mssunshine, also tt made a nice set of autorate ruleys, look at faq in the microlimit forum

housenuts
03-07-2005, 04:40 AM
do a search. there's tons

housenuts
03-07-2005, 04:49 AM
because i feel sorry for you.
http://poker.rayjk.com/DNN/Default.aspx?tabid=89

i hope you appreciate the hassle i went through. i couldn't even copy and paste the link because i have PT Guide open and the security on it doesn't allow it

Luv2DriveTT
03-07-2005, 05:49 PM
The PT default auto rate rules are based on the DRIVETT (me)autorate rules. Since they are 95% the same as Bison's, its a good place to start before you decide to make adjustments.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

jon593
03-07-2005, 07:30 PM
would the default autorate rules work for nl?

also i found a good set of them at bet-the-pot.com but im not sure how to prioritize them ie. 1-10 what should i assing for #s.

Luv2DriveTT
03-08-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
would the default autorate rules work for nl?

[/ QUOTE ] No. they were not designed with NL in mind.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

jon593
03-09-2005, 12:15 AM
ok do you know where i can find a good set for nl?

excession
03-09-2005, 09:24 AM
The bet the pot ones are mine - the biggest advantage in using them is that they use WtSD% to differentiate passive fish (who will fold to strong bets) from calling stations (who will not). The other rating systems lump fish and calling stations together which can be a pain if you are thinking about bluffing them.

They are also a bit looser than the limit ones as low stake NL players tend to see more flops.

To be honest I don't use the icons that much as with GT+ I have the actual stats for Vp$iP, PFR, PFA and WtSD overlaid on screen for each player at all times. It can be handy to assess a table at a glance though.