PDA

View Full Version : A new one for me

Vehn
09-21-2002, 01:12 AM
Now I've only been playing poker for not even a year, but this is the most bizarre hand I've seen yet.

$6/$12 at Canterbury Park tonight. The players:

BB: poor player preflop - will play anything he would have played before for 2 bets, plays ace-rag, etc. Very aggressive, very frequent bluffer - seems to play decently post flop and make good reads. I don't think he quite understands the game, though. He naturally has been running over the table.

Button in seat one: don't know this guy, and has only been at the table for 1 orbit. Seems solidish.

The hand:

3 limpers to the button who limps. I fold my whatever in the SB. BB checks.

Flop: J 8 2 rainbow.

Checked around through 5 players.

Turn: another J completing the rainbow.

Its checked to the button who bets. The BB checkraises. The button immediately 3-bets. The BB calls.

River: Another 8.

The BB checks, the button bets, the BB calls. The button says, "If you can call, I can't win." and tosses his cards in the muck.

The BB shows pocket fours.

And needs to be explained what's so funny.

The button takes a walk.

baggins
09-23-2002, 05:12 AM
beautiful.

bernie
09-23-2002, 04:23 PM
the button SHOULD take a walk...it wasnt the other guys fault that he folded the winner. so he cant be pissed at him. what a mope. he oughtta learn how to show down a hand.

even though the guy shouldnt have been there for the river, at least flip the cards over....the button outplayed himself...

b

Jimbo
09-23-2002, 06:05 PM
had a 2/3.

Jimbo