PDA

View Full Version : Bad play, bad luck or both

sunek
03-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi

I sat down at a 0.5/1 $ table and waited for the BB. The table was very loose; often 7 players to see the flop, 3-4 players to see the river and *all* hands ended with show down. I was thrilled to see that my first hand was A/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif .

This is what happened:

UTG calls, all folding until the button who calls, SB raises, I reraise, UTG folds, button calls, SB raises, I call and so does the button.
(13 SB)
Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

SB bets, I raise, button folds, SB call.
(8.5 BB)

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, I call.
(10.5 BB)
River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bet, I raise, SB reraise, I call.

(I do admit that the last raise was stupid).

The next hand I was SB and was dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif. I thought “now I am going to get my lost money back. This is what happened:

First 5 players fold. Two players limp, button raises, I reraise, BB fold, both limpers call, SB raises. All remaining players call.
(17 SB)
Flop:6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet the three others call.
(10.5 BB)
Turn:4/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, button-2 calls, button-1 folds, button calls.
(13.5 BB)
River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, next player call, button fold.

As the subject of the posting indicates I lost both games. And my question is; how would you have played these hands? And a small quiz: what hand do you think the winner had?

Best Regards

sunek

rmarotti
03-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Hand 2 is fine, I might think about popping the turn again in Hand 1. I think you have outs against his two pair there.

JoshuaD
03-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Hand 2 is fine. Hand 1 I just call down after the turn bet. If the board spikes a 4, I might raise the river, read depending.

.5/1 hands belong in the micro limits forum.