PDA

View Full Version : dropping AA

marching_on_together
03-06-2005, 08:47 AM
main opponent is tight aggresive pre- neutral post- flop, other guy is 63/30 and aggresive post flop do you let AA go here on the turn or river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Nick C
03-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Keep in mind that when you whiff on a limp-reraise (I'm assuming that's what happened) that your opponents don't know how strong your hand is.

All the same, BB's turn 3-bet after the king falls is a concern, even with the LAG still in.

I think BB most likely has at least two pair. And I think you should call the turn 3-bet. I think it'll be just two pair often enough, and you'll have the odds to draw.

To be honest, though, I probably would have called the river too. I have my doubts about your hand actually being good 1 in 18 times, though, despite the presence of the maniac on the previous streets.

MoDOH
03-06-2005, 09:59 AM
If BB isnīt a complete donkey I think you can fold this one on the river. But since you limped preflop your true hand strength is hidden and therefore I tend to call this river bet also...

I guess you would have called if the board paired or an A fell?

Grease
03-06-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess you would have called if the board paired or an A fell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising would definitely be the correct play if either of those two things happened. Especially if an A fell.

MoDOH
03-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Well of course you should raise if an A fell but if the board pairs I think calling is fine. If you raise and are reraised are you gonna fold?

marching_on_together
03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
yes i was hoping for a preflop raise.

On the turn the 3-bet says two pair at least as the guy was the BB it is a definate possibility. If he has a set i don't have the odds to continue but with two pair a possibility I have two A outs which are good + 2K outs which are likely good and 3 outs from the flop card the opponent doesn't hold. Those last 5-outs are no good against a set but i only need a total of 3 outs to see the river and i have that here. On the river i'm dead even getting these odds.

marching_on_together
03-06-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well of course you should raise if an A fell but if the board pairs I think calling is fine. If you raise and are reraised are you gonna fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

If an ace lands i'm not folding this to any raise, yes if the board pairs i'm calling

MoDOH
03-06-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If an ace lands i'm not folding this to any raise, yes if the board pairs i'm calling

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was if the board pairs and you choose to raise, as the previous poster said, and you were reraised. Are you folding to that reraise or do you call?

marching_on_together
03-06-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was if the board pairs and you choose to raise, as the previous poster said, and you were reraised. Are you folding to that reraise or do you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you raise if a 6,3,9 lands then you have to fold to the re-raise, if you can't trust your read to do this then you shouldn't have raised, if a K lands then it's slightly harder to fold as your going to beat his two pair more often than not but against a reasonable player a fold is best.

marching_on_together
03-06-2005, 11:13 AM
It's a more intresting question whether you should raise a river paired board in the first place. My gut reaction would be no. If you are only reraised by a better hand i.e. a full-house and can fold to the raise with the confidence you are beat is the initial raise +ve. My estimate is no but anybody care to do the numbers.

MoDOH
03-06-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a more intresting question whether you should raise a river paired board in the first place

[/ QUOTE ]

No you shouldnīt. And hence my question to the previous poster...

I think a raise here against a somewhat sane player is terrible..

mtdoak
03-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Eeek. You take the hand to the river THEN you muck? If your seeing the river, your calling the bet. If your going to muck, muck after the 3-bet on the turn. There is no way you could be 16-1 sure that he has you beat. He could just as easily have Queens or even the other two aces. If your going to muck, get out on the turn (which I would advise NOT to do). Call down.

Kevroc
03-06-2005, 12:31 PM
I think in Party 2/4 AA UTG is 99% of the time an open raise. Going for the limp-reraise in those games is a little bit of FPS IMHO.

marching_on_together
03-06-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eeek. You take the hand to the river THEN you muck? If your seeing the river, your calling the bet. If your going to muck, muck after the 3-bet on the turn. There is no way you could be 16-1 sure that he has you beat. He could just as easily have Queens or even the other two aces. If your going to muck, get out on the turn (which I would advise NOT to do). Call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

your wrong, you think this type of palyer has queens, not a chance. The other two aces highly unlikely seeing as he didn't raise the flop. he has two pair or a set and you need to work on hand reading. I have the odds to call the turn so mucking there is a mistake. Against a reasonable player on the river i'm beat more than 16:1

rmarotti
03-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Why did you post this as a question if you knew you were right?