PDA

View Full Version : 3bet a paired flop?

deepsquat
03-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Should i have 3bet the flop?
Thanks

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

ArturiusX
03-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Raise preflop, and you'll avoid situations like this.

Problem is, BB could have any random holding, and obviously likes it. Kx may be a possibility, but I might think about giving this small pot up on the turn.

Ric
03-06-2005, 12:21 PM
I'd 3 bet the flop, but it would be easier to do if you raised PF. The way you played it on the flop, both MP and BB look to either have clubs, a 2, or a K. There's only 2 2's left, and you're ahead of the rest (I'm discouting AK due to no raise PF). Raising PF would knock out a lot of the garbage 2x hands for BB, making it even more likely you have the best hand.