PDA

View Full Version : a turn c/r fold to 3bet

DrGutshot
03-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Party 10/20

Loose moron in the CO(76/34, 1.06) openraises, button (30/10, 2) coldcalls, I call in the BB with 55.

Flop: QQ5r

check, bet, call, I call.

Turn: a Beautiful Q

check, check, button bets, I raise, CO folds, button 3bets, I fold.

my reasoning was that he would bet here with almost any 2 after being checked to, and there wasn't a chance in hell he was 3betting anything i would beat. I didn't just call down because I didn't want the CO and button to chase highcards without being charged.
Eh?

-DrG

dave44
03-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Makes sense to me. I'll often raise the flop though, especially since you have the button trapped.

Trix
03-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I dont know..Dont really see what button calls the flop with that you beat.

I would have check-raised the flop though, you have a monster and there is a good chance that either player have something they like and button might even be flatcalling a queen here.

Accoring to your stats button is pretty aggro and not superloose. I´m not sure if it means that he has nothing or a Q when he calls the flop as he would have raised with a pair or it means that he has you beat when he calls the flop and the 3. Q hits as he wouldn´t call the flop without a pair?

DrGutshot
03-06-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know..Dont really see what button calls the flop with that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

AT+? KJ+? Button knows that the CO is superlagmoron, so there are a alot of hands he would coldcall here with, and call the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have check-raised the flop though, you have a monster and there is a good chance that either player have something they like and button might even be flatcalling a queen here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very valid point, I was considering it but knew that the CO would fold a no-pair hand on the turn to a flop c/r, but would bet a no-pair hand on the turn if check-called. Hence I opted for a check/call, check/raise line in that I would trap the CO and the button for big bets. The Q foiled my plan to some extent.

[ QUOTE ]
Accoring to your stats button is pretty aggro and not superloose. I´m not sure if it means that he has nothing or a Q when he calls the flop as he would have raised with a pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, that's why I don't give him credit for a pair higher than mine on the turn. (Until he 3bets it /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
or it means that he has you beat when he calls the flop and the 3. Q hits as he wouldn´t call the flop without a pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

He certainly would call the flop without a pair against the CO.

-DrG