PDA

View Full Version : PP 1000PL - AA3K Flops the Nut Set Heads Up

GFunk911
03-06-2005, 02:20 AM
I wanted to get opinions on this.

Party Poker (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I had 1030, Villian had 2500. I had just sat down 3 hands ago and had no reads unfortuntely, other than the obvious read that he plays on Party

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">Hero raises to 30, SB calls</font>.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, Pot is 67)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets 67, SB calls

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, Pot is 201)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets 201, SB calls

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, Pot is 603)</font>
SB bets 350, Hero ...... ?

Final Pot:

I would appreciate comments on all streets, but my main question is on the river. All resonses are appreciated.

Omahaking
03-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Wow he really has you in a spot there...toughest part IMO is you hold the nut spade blocker so hard to put him on a spade draw that missed..no question your either real beat and get 0 if you call or you get 1/2..personally I cryingly fold this and figure to get my money in with better spot against him later..if he did run that hand down not much you can do...but I dont see calling 350 here profitable enough times to make this call.

akaLogic
03-06-2005, 03:48 PM
What hand could he possibly have that did not include a 347?

B Mando
03-06-2005, 04:15 PM
I agree with omahaking

ghostpoker
03-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Sure looks like the classic HL rundown that drives me crazy.

Chasing a split heads up doesnt make much sense to me but many people do it.

BigJohn043
03-07-2005, 11:07 AM
I am a relatively new player and I play limit but I wanted to take a shot at this. The way I read the hand is that you have the second nuts both high and low. If the villain has 3-4 then you are toast. Otherwise you are going to get 3/4 to all of the pot.

Generally heads up that would be a pretty reasonable dynamic but in this case it is hard to put villain on any hand other than a 3-4. But if he held a 3-4 here wouldn't he C/R the river? Very curious.

The pot is laying you 3-1. I guess it comes down to if you think the chances he is bluffing is &gt;25%. I probably toss this because I just know that if I call the best he shows me 3-4 and then I feel like an idiot for chasing the second nuts...

GFunk911
03-07-2005, 10:33 PM
he showed me some nonsense hand, A3 for the same low and no straight so I quartered him. I agree with everybody here, that I expected to be shown 34. I think what convinced me to call was the turn smooth call. One would expect 34 to raise there. There are certainly good reasons for 34 to flat call, but i'd expect to see a raise from a party player.

When I think it through, I think if I had been him and had 34 against a good player, I would defintely smooth call the turn. I screamed "I HAVE ACES," and if he check-pots, I can't fold cause I have the high nuts. If he waits for the river (when any non pairing card puts a straight on the board) and then shoves, he can get FE, as well as getting away when his unlikely low gets counterfieted. However, that doesn't apply here, this is a Party player.

The expectation that 34 would raise the turn, along with the expectation that 34 might check raise the river, made me call, and I was happy about it. However, I think it was a very close call.