PDA

View Full Version : How do you like my design?

Kripke
03-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Due to the kind poster, who posted the .psd file for mockups, I could finally due some pretty good mockups with the right mold, colors etc.

I’ve ordered a set of 500 customs from Pokerchips.com. I’m still waiting for the artwork to be finalized, but I don’t think there will be any significant changes to the design I made myself unless …

I am of course curious as to what you guys think of these. I wanted a somewhat ‘classic’ design and I wanted one chip that didn’t have any edge spots. After watching Poker at the Plaza, where they had pink chips without edge spots, I thought they looked pretty cool.

Now, I’m waiting (like everyone else doing business with PC.com), and pretty much calling them on a daily basis.

I think I can still squeeze in a couple of changes, so comments are appreciated.

http://www.legenden.dk/weblog/images/finalset.gif

- Kripke

tomb1
03-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Those look cool, and really classy. I'd be thrilled to play in a game with those. (I prefer denoms but obviously you don't.) The "A" mold is nice... reminds me of my Atlanta Braves.

Kripke
03-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Actually, I also like denoms better. However, since I'm probably going to use the chips for both tournaments and cash game play, I figured non-denoms would be more flexible. And I do really like this design even though it is non-denom.

But if I had twice the amount to spend, I would have done both a tourney set and a cash game set - both with denoms.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Kripke

jtr
03-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Very nice: classic, simple. I take it the pink chip will be double as a 25c or a $500 chip as needed?

jon_1van
03-06-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those look cool, and really classy

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself

Verebrant
03-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Nice simple design!
What is the edgespot color on the black? Red or mand. red?

/michael

Kripke
03-06-2005, 08:19 PM
It's mandarin red.

- Kripke

Lottery Larry
03-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Not my preference, but it's nice, simple and clean.

PokerChamp22
03-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I like the $5 red chip and the $100 black chip a lot. Not so sure about the blue one though, and I normally love blue. It just looks kind of dull 2 me. Not feeling the purple one much either.

Overall, nice chips.

Fins
03-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I keep thinking it's your Copenhagen (looks like your name a the top??). I think it's a nice classic design... a little simple for my tastes but that's what you were trying for so good job. Why Copenhagen?

- Fins

Kripke
03-07-2005, 09:43 PM
It's Copenhagen, because I'm from Copenhagen. I'm just located in Los Angeles for the time being, because I'm studying at UCLA. Going back in the summer.

'Legendens' at the top of the chips means 'The Legend's' and refers to my weblog www.legenden.dk (http://www.legenden.dk)

/images/graemlins/smile.gif