PDA

View Full Version : out on the road today i saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac

AJo Go All In
03-06-2005, 01:34 AM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $50 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($4004)
Button ($5444)
AJo ($7007)
BB ($5045)
UTG ($3952)
UTG+1 ($2429)
MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(paperchase)</font> ($5872)
MP2 ($3054.50)

Preflop: AJo is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $50, MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(paperchase)</font> calls $50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, AJo completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($200) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
AJo checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, paperchase checks.

Turn: ($200) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">AJo bets $125</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">paperchase raises to $575</font>, AJo calls $450.

River: ($1350) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
AJo checks, <font color="#CC3333">paperchase bets $1350</font>, AJo calls $1350.

Final Pot: $4050

Ionphore
03-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Looks fairly standard. I would assume you picked him off, hopefully he didnt have 57.

Jordan
03-06-2005, 02:36 AM
i certainly don't play this high, but is there really any such thing as "standard" at this level?

KaneKungFu123
03-06-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i certainly don't play this high, but is there really any such thing as "standard" at this level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its standard that on this forum anytime someone posts this type of hand, they made the right play; and many people come on with oh yeah, thats standard 100%.

OrangeCat
03-06-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its standard that on this forum anytime someone posts this type of hand, they made the right play; and many people come on with oh yeah, thats standard 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Kaz The Original
03-06-2005, 07:46 AM
*yawn* bet the flop, fold the river. Way to go broke in an unraised pot.

The Truth
03-06-2005, 12:38 PM
I agree with Kaz on leading the flop here. You have huge pot equity, push your edge now. Makes the rest of the hand easier.
I want to fold the river to, but it is tough to do, I cant find a hand he can have here. I think you are forced to call on that river. Your turn bet looks weak, he jumped on it, your call suggested a draw, and hearts missed. Getting 2-1 I think you gotta show it down.

AJo Go All In
03-06-2005, 03:41 PM
bet the flop, fair enough. on what range of hands do you put him on the river?

Wayfare
03-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Jx, 5-7, weird two pair, strangely played set, or nothing.

I don't agree with kaz at all. It is all about what %'s you assign the above hands that make it a good or bad play.

The dismissive tone of kaz's post is also quite ironic, because turning off your brain when you see something that appears at first glance to be uninteresting is one of the best ways to never learn a damn thing.

flawless_victory
03-06-2005, 08:09 PM
i dont think you wouldve posted this hand if the guy didnt have QT. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AJo Go All In
03-07-2005, 12:01 AM
ok, all you jerks who said i would only post this if i had made a brilliant call are wrong.

he showed KTo for the win.

Kaz The Original
03-07-2005, 04:26 AM
You can make it hard on yourself if you want, but you have top pair, no kicker, in an unraised pot (preflop) and he's betting big. You don't have to win every pot you play.

I can't put him on a range of hands, because I have no idea how this particular villian plays, I don't even have any pseudo (posted) reads.

This all being said, I do have a fair amount of respect for AJo and his style of play, but I think you guys are in danger of overanalyzing this hand.

FoxwoodsFiend
03-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Even before looking at the results, it seemed like a bad line. The key is that you probably went for the flop check-raise and didn't get somebody to bite. After that, you called two pot-sized bets/raises with top pair 2 kicker. I think that the only hand you beat is a busted flush draw (which it would be weird to only see a bet from on the turn when people check to villain on flop) or a busted straight draw with pocket 5s. I think that a higher K looking to keep the pot small or a turned set are so much more likely than a busted draw here that you have to muck.

FoxwoodsFiend
03-07-2005, 05:55 AM
If you're willing to call a pot-sized bet, why not put in a smaller but still substantial blocking bet (like 500 or 650) and fold to a reraise? Did you check thinking that maybe he'd check behind and you could see a cheap showdown?

Jason Strasser
03-07-2005, 08:10 AM
AJo.

I think there are two combinations I like more than the line you took. You either bet the flop, or you check the flop, check/call the turn.

Betting the flop is good because you have a very creative hand that is worthy of a value bet w/ 2 cards to come. If you are up against a set or a better hand, you have good odds to improve, yadda yadda.

OTOH, if you check the flop and then bet the turn and get raised, you will often be correct to fold. It sucks to not see the river in this spot. I think check/callin the turn is much preferred. Plus, in this spot where you have top pair with your flush, it will often allow you to make a very nice sized value bet on the river if the turn also checks through. You'll get called by lots of mid pair type hands.

fsuplayer
03-07-2005, 01:30 PM
nice post, jason.

AJo Go All In
03-07-2005, 02:34 PM
well, i thought he would check behind a lot of hands that beat me, like the hand he had, and he would fold a lot of hands that i beat, but bluff those hands if i checked.

also, the 1/2 pot river bet is fairly transparent and there is a chance i will get bluff raised off my hand.

AJo Go All In
03-07-2005, 02:36 PM
just so you know i am not saying you are necessarily wrong and i am right and brilliant. i pretty much think i f'ed up this hand pretty bad and i felt totally outplayed when i saw his hand.

KaneKungFu123
03-07-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, all you jerks who said i would only post this if i had made a brilliant call are wrong.

he showed KTo for the win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, sorry.

This is an intersting hand, and I think part of OP's strategy is to advertise so he make a bluff in a similar situation.

I think you should have led out on the river for 1/4-1/3 the pot, folding to a raise.

DOTTT
03-09-2005, 12:22 PM
KT? Boy I really am missing a lot of value bets on the river.

Loci
03-09-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Yes. It is often dictated by personal play style, table attitude, and reads, but in the end the standard play is dictated by common sense and making the statistically correct play regardless of outcome.

The.Filth
03-14-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're willing to call a pot-sized bet, why not put in a smaller but still substantial blocking bet (like 500 or 650) and fold to a reraise? Did you check thinking that maybe he'd check behind and you could see a cheap showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding me? waste 500 betting the river to see if you're beat and then fold for 400 more to a pot thats already 2500?

I like jason method much more.