PDA

View Full Version : AKs early

dfscott
03-06-2005, 01:34 AM
Trying to separate results from proper play here...this is a 20+2.

Is this an easy all-in pre-flop? Since I didn't, is this too early to push this flop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1600)</font>
MP2 (t695)
CO (t920)
Button (t2455)
SB (t415)
BB (t790)
<font color="#C00000">UTG (t1125)</font>

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t75, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t135</font>, Hero calls t60, CO calls t60.

Flop: (t430) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t990 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t490.

The Yugoslavian
03-06-2005, 01:50 AM
I like keeping pots fairly small so if/when AK misses I can get away from my hand. I'd imagine you're ahead of UTG enough here to call at the end. The only hand I can think of that UTG could be playing this way where you're not ahead is AK or KK -- I don't like his play with K7, K3, 73, 77, or 33 -- and subsequently have a hard time putting him on any of those hands.

Plus, you have runner, runner flush cause your soooooted!

Yugoslav

raptor517
03-06-2005, 01:59 AM
i would only play here cuz you are soooooooted. otherwise i fold. seriously though, i dont like putting so much out there with ak. utg AK is a tough hand to play, and has created a lot of debate, because i like limping with it. im a big advocate of not giving up ANY chips early in a sng. AK is one of those hands you can give away a lot, or gain a little.

elonkra
03-06-2005, 02:04 AM
What did villain have? AA?

dfscott
03-06-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No more calls... we have a winner.

citanul
03-06-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No more calls... we have a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, man, you have to watch out for this garbage.

when someone that you otherwise have no other information on, makes a SMALL REraise, what he is saying is "AK is the worst hand I have." The range of hands you usually see is AA, KK, AK. This is in my experience. Many players, especially in the mtts, make these wonderful "value reraises," which are an interesting animal. It's meant to try to get more chips in the pot, while still keeping customers for their very best hands. A few people go a little nutty with this, and do it with like, 88, but that's very rare I find. The beauty is that you can often play your JJ for instance purely for set value and be quite alright, because the same douchemocknins that make these silly "I am telling you what two cards I have" raises are the same douchemocknins who go broke with AA every time they have it.

Misquoteth the Doyle "... and what I want my opponent to have right here is AA, and I want him to believe that he should play 'em slow."

So uh, be careful of that junk. Many times, when an idiot plays like he has aces, in really strange ways, he actually has aces. BTW, my breakdown of what hands he can possibly have, AA is the most likely one.

citanul

Phil Van Sexton
03-06-2005, 09:50 AM
I don't like your bet on the flop. If you are willing to go allin with this flop, you should just check raise allin.

If you are concerned about AA/KK, you should bet 300 and fold to a raise.

You have him covered by 475, so I'd just check raise allin.

1C5
03-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Are you up to playing $22s already??
How many have you played so far?

dfscott
03-06-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you up to playing $22s already??

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I took a stab anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
How many have you played so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only played 6, but with only one ITM finish, I decided to call it quits before my BR was destroyed and go back to the 11s.

Of course, I then proceed to play 6 11s with only one ITM finish (a 3rd), so I'm back to not beating the rake again. Maybe it's time to go back to the "Aleo plan"...

raptor517
03-06-2005, 01:59 PM
u shuld put everything you have into 1 step 5 and win it. then you will have enough bankroll for the 55s, maybe even the 109s. what a deal eh?

dfscott
03-06-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
u shuld put everything you have into 1 step 5 and win it. then you will have enough bankroll for the 55s, maybe even the 109s. what a deal eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I hadn't even thought of that! I'll do that as soon as I get back from buying my lottery ticket today...