PDA

View Full Version : Spider plays live

btspider
03-06-2005, 12:11 AM
For the first time in 8 months (before i knew what a free card play was pretty much) I hit the Taj in AC for some 5/10 action. I was with a group who could only gamble for a few hours, so I waited 1 hour and sat down for only about 2 hours. in about 70 hands, I won one hand and dropped 18 BB's. QQ got rivered, QQ got busted on the turn, and a flopped BB special straight on a rainbow board ran into a boat. Live play is pretty damn cool in some aspects, but brutally boring when you are just watching terrible players play terribly for 70% of the hands.

Here's the only hand of any discussion value. The rest were that boring.

UTG is unbelievably bad. LP-P to a T. cold calls constantly. folds lots of rivers for one bet. this would be an instant buddy online.. but man this table was soft.

MP is bad. capped the flop vs a PFR with A8o, called down an aggressor with TPNK (K4) another time. is on the way to going bankrupt. Was quite inconsistent and was constantly mucking when showed TP or second pair on the river.

BB is random. LRR Aces, raises too much PF (seemingly.. he didn't show down enough for me to judge over 70 hands), calls plenty postflop, but raises inconsistently postflop.

CO is probably a 30/10/1.0 type i'm guessing. "good" relative to everyone else at the table.

Taj 5/10 live
Hero is on the button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif

PF:
UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, terrible MP limps, CO limps, Hero raises, BB calls, rest call.

Flop: 12 SB's - 6 players - 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
checked to bad bad MP who bets, CO calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: 11 BB's - 5 players - T/images/graemlins/club.gif
checked to MP who bets, CO calls, I call, BB calls, UTG folds

River: 15 BB's - 4 players - T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, MP bets, CO folds (he had the Q of flushes), I call, BB raises, MP calls, I fold.

DeathDonkey
03-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Live play takes a certain mentality that is very different from typical online multitabling whatever mentality. I find it great fun and am rarely bored. Plus as you said the players are just awful at much higher limits than online.

This hand looks good but you can think about folding to the first river bet. You said he was bad but made it sound like he was just calling down with any piece bad and maybe not LAG bad.

-DeathDonkey

btspider
03-06-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Live play takes a certain mentality that is very different from typical online multitabling whatever mentality. I find it great fun and am rarely bored. Plus as you said the players are just awful at much higher limits than online.

This hand looks good but you can think about folding to the first river bet. You said he was bad but made it sound like he was just calling down with any piece bad and maybe not LAG bad.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, the first call was.. big pot syndrome. this chick could be completely off the wall. i saw her fold enough worse than top or second pair hands to think that maybe 7% of the time she was experimenting with a new line since obviously nothing had worked for her so far.. plus i'd have been quite pissed if i folded the winner.

make the flop 578 and give me 66 and i may have folded.

zuluking
03-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Having played live for years before going online, I can tell you it takes much more concentration to play B&M, this is not to be confused with discipline which I believe takes more of online. Its easy to let your mind wander towards the cocktail waitresses booty, or the hot chick playing at table #3.

The best thing about about live play is OBSERVING your opponents, something you can't do online. Sure, PT makes up for lack of reads, but those reads are HUGE live. I can't even begin to tell you how much money I've made and saved by reading tells at the table. Its probably why I do alot better in a live tourney as opposed to online.

I think everyone needs to play live now and then to either develop reading ablities, or, in my case, keep them sharp. Plus, its really, really, fun to SEE someone tilt instead of "read" it.

bottomset
03-06-2005, 01:37 AM
its nice to play in 3/6 and 4/8 games that are softer than almost all .5/1 tables ..but only getting about 35hands an hour sucks

btspider
03-06-2005, 11:32 AM
BB shows 66

MP doesn't show, but appears to have been blown away.