PDA

View Full Version : JT on level 2

dfscott
03-05-2005, 11:38 PM
I took an ill-advised stab at the 22s tonight and ran into this hand. I felt like CO was slowplaying a 4...MUTB?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1685)
MP (t830)
CO (t1905)
Button (t2330)
Hero (t615)
BB (t635)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t30, Button calls t30, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t85</font>, BB folds, CO calls t85, Button folds.

Turn: (t290) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t150</font>, Hero folds.

The Yugoslavian
03-05-2005, 11:44 PM
I fold preflop here.

If I accidentally complete, then I check/fold the flop (unless it's a small bet perhaps). If I bet and get called, I check/fold the turn just like you did.

Yugoslav

microbet
03-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Was this a 10 player game? Pretty wild to be down to six in level 2.

Completing the SB with JTo is only something I do in the second level if there are more limpers and then I'm looking for a straight.

That said, the flop was very good for you and I think 85 was a good bet. You will certainly take down that pot with that bet in that situation plenty of times. (not that it makes much diff, but I might have bet 70 instead of 85)

Once the flop bet is called I also go to check/fold.

dfscott
03-06-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was this a 10 player game? Pretty wild to be down to six in level 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was. Since it was my first trip to the 22s, I was wondering if that was typical or not.

raptor517
03-06-2005, 02:06 AM
fold preflop. if you ever have to ask if you should play a hand, yugo and i will say fold probably a good 99% of the time, in levels 1 and 2 at least.

ReDeYES88
03-06-2005, 12:13 PM
15/30 and you are in the SB with t615 and JTo.

There is absolutely no reason for you to donate t15 more chips, especially after the two big stacks have already entered the pot. As you found out, the ways that you can "hit your hand" actually decrease, because the two BSs have the resources to play the hand deeper than a shorter stack would. . .i.e. not be pushed out by your flop bet even if they are drawing in a situation where a smaller stack might muck. I'm guessing that the blinds are about to jump to 25/50, and you should be in chip conservation mode. No room to speculate with that stack.

If I had t1200 or so, and the JT was sooooted, then I might consider completing t15 more with two in before me.

As for what the CO is holding, well he might have limped w/A4s or much less likely 54s or 43s. I don't think that I would put him on a J with a bigger kicker or two overcards to the J. I think he would be more likely to lead raise PF from the CO with two smallish stacks in the blinds.

If I had to guess, because he limped I'd put him on either small pockets or perhaps a mid suited connecter or Axs that turned into a flush draw. I think his turn bet was in response to a check (weakness) from a small stack. I think that you were ahead, but I don't think that you were in the position to find out.

curtains
03-06-2005, 03:56 PM
I know that I'm completely insane, but I actually call here preflop!