PDA

View Full Version : allin or fold with QQ preflop party 1k NLHE?

greywolf
03-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Ive just sat down and played an orbit or so. i have started off playing quite aggresive and i havent gotten to a showdown yet most pots have been stolen preflop or on the flop. In one battle of the blinds i got TT in SB i raised it to 40 and he raised it to 600 and i folded.. Another hand i overbet the pot on the turn when the board was 345d6s all folded and i showed JTo. So i get QQ in SB and everyody folds to the button who makes a minraise and i raise it to 60-70 something. now he reraise it to 600? Whats your action? i got 1k in my stack and hes got me covered so its allin or fold time. no real reads on button except he seems a little on the lose side

flawless_victory
03-05-2005, 10:45 PM
if you havent seen this kind of behavior from this guy before you have an eeeeasy fold. if hes been getting turbooutofline with some big preflop "moves", i can see allin being ok.

technologic
03-05-2005, 10:47 PM
you've got position on him...you COULD choose to tango with QQ in this spot, but i feel like better opportunities will arise for you to double through his overaggression.

Popinjay
03-05-2005, 11:12 PM
He doesn't have position.

flawless_victory
03-05-2005, 11:28 PM
what the hell doea position have to do with anything???

Popinjay
03-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Just referring to techno's post.

ggbman
03-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Amazingly there still are donkeys at the 1k NL, but i cant imagine getting it in withs queens here is the correct move.

Jules22
03-06-2005, 01:21 AM
how can position be relevant, he was just raised half a stack. whats he supposed to do call, and then fold on a bad flop for 400 more? quit being silly

TheBusiness
03-06-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive just sat down and played an orbit or so. i have started off playing quite aggresive and i havent gotten to a showdown yet most pots have been stolen preflop or on the flop. In one battle of the blinds i got TT in SB i raised it to 40 and he raised it to 600 and i folded.. Another hand i overbet the pot on the turn when the board was 345d6s all folded and i showed JTo. So i get QQ in SB and everyody folds to the button who makes a minraise and i raise it to 60-70 something. now he reraise it to 600? Whats your action? i got 1k in my stack and hes got me covered so its allin or fold time. no real reads on button except he seems a little on the lose side

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough place to be in. On the one hand, he seems a little on loose side, he may have just been trying to steal the blinds, and then considered your reraise just an attempt to resteal, so he therefore raised a huge amount on a bluff (or at least with a hand you are way ahead of). On the other hand, he could have made a min-raise if he had something sick, like AA or KK, because he didn't want you both to fold and was hoping for some action. When you reraised, he figured there was his action, and now he is making no effort to disguise his hand. My guess from what I have seen of the Party 1K NL games is that it was the latter, because those games have tended to be very weak-tight. So I would say fold here, unless this is something he does often or you have some particular read on him that makes you think you are ahead with QQ (in which case I would reraise all in).

technologic
03-06-2005, 02:41 AM
i meant that since he's sitting to villains' left, he will have position on him for most hands except when he's in the sb, and will be able to react accordingly when villain makes a huge loose raise. sorry for the confusion.

Jason Strasser
03-06-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i feel like better opportunities will arise

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a tournament. if you have your doubts stick it in there, thats how i feel.

BluffTHIS!
03-06-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no real reads on button except he seems a little on the lose side

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this is not a tournament. if you have your doubts stick it in there, thats how i feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the chances of him having AA/KK are about 8% I believe when you have QQ, and since your read is that he is on the loose side, the deciding factor is whether you think he would make a min raise holding AA/KK and hoping to get played back at, or whether he is playing the top 15 tourney strategy of allin with AK/AQ/any pair in a cash game. If he is a loose player then I doubt he is capable of making the cute min raise hoping to get played back at and more likely has AK or JJ/TT and I would most likely just push. I especially would tend to do so since so many players holding AA/KK would not have raised your raise 10x but only 3 or 4x, and it seems that he would be afraid of your having AK. Granted that at the new limits this is an expensive way to see how the new players these limits have attracted actually play, but it seems more likely with your read on him that you have him dominated rather than the other way around.

technologic
03-06-2005, 01:44 PM
although this is not a tournament, player will definitely get an opportunity to have a huge edge against the opponent. i still think this is a fold situation, if the opponent is willing to make retarded bets like throwing out 600, whether or not he has aces this is definitely a stupid maneuver and the guy will end up bluffing at the wrong pot you're going to take.

eoinak
03-06-2005, 02:18 PM
I think there will be better spots for your money unless he is on tilt, otherwise you are likely a big dog or are racing for your stack not the place i want to be with qq