PDA

View Full Version : Going to a fashion show, any pointers? Suggestions?

wacki
03-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Get this,my brothers girlfriends sorrority sister is putting on a fashion show (professional models and catwalk included) in downtown indy. I've never been to one of these. My brother matt is dressing up as a hillbilly hick with a john deer hat included. My brother tim is dressing up as a pimp, fur coat and all. This is not a costume party, but a "serious" event. What should I do/dress up as? Or should I be a boring stiff and take this seriously?

wacki
03-05-2005, 07:54 PM
If I take it seriously, any pointers? Either way we know the girl running the show so we can get perks from that. And yes, she has a good sense of humor.

OtisTheMarsupial
03-05-2005, 08:24 PM
What you need here, with the pimp and the hick, is a nerd. You should be able to fill that niche just fine with some apt accessories.

That said, follow your bros' leads and dress up, way up. You don't have to dress *like* something, just have a lot of fun with your outfit - wear bright colors, mix something really tight with something really loose, add some weird accessory you wouldn't normally wear like a big hat, big buckle, big boots, big glasses...

Fur is out. Do not wear fur. Especially kangaroo, wallaby, koala, wombat, or platypus fur.

-Otis

Michael Davis
03-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Get laid.

-Michael