PDA

View Full Version : Is this good and should I move up

xorbie
03-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Just started playing the $.05/$.01 OH8 on PP. I two tabled for about three hours today and made about $50. I know this is not too significant, but that's all the stats I have.

I play the following hands:

Any 4 to the wheel.
Any 3 to the wheel with an A2 or A3.
A2xx, Axs
A3xx, Axs
A2 with a pair
A3 with a pair (sometimes)
AAxx, double suited
KKxx, double suited
4 face cards.

And then some (very few) other hands.

I also don't pay too much attention (I two table while doing something else sometimes /images/graemlins/shocked.gif), and really play pretty passively unless I've really hit it hard. I usually call with the nut low, push when I have a draw to both nut low and a draw to the nut high and push when I have the nut high.

So basically:

(a) Is this decent for lower levels OH8 and
(b) Can I move up to $1/$2 and expect it to be about as easy?

djr
03-05-2005, 10:15 PM
it will be a little tougher, but not much on average. Move up if you think your bankroll can handle it. Remember, one good day don't mean much.

L0QTiS
03-05-2005, 10:49 PM
As you move up table selection starts to factor in more and more, but $1/$2 is a big leap from .05/.10

Assuming you've been playing on Stars, the games only start getting slightly harder at .5/1

Beavis68
03-06-2005, 02:07 AM
I am assuming you meant Party .5/1
KKxxDS is trash in most spot IMO, and is AAxx.

xorbie
03-06-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As you move up table selection starts to factor in more and more, but $1/$2 is a big leap from .05/.10

Assuming you've been playing on Stars, the games only start getting slightly harder at .5/1

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow sorry. I meant I'm playing the $.5/$1 right now. Not sure where that typo came from /images/graemlins/confused.gif

arcticfire
03-06-2005, 02:21 AM
One day as I'm sure you already realize means squat. This is my suggestion , play at least 100 hours at a given stake before you move up. Thats about enough time to get an idea of your variance and to ensure your a winning player.