PDA

View Full Version : AQs flops flush draw, fold the turn?

Redeye
03-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Alright, my reads really suck for the most part, I've just started 6-tabling and while I'm learning this I've decided to also watch TV and read 2+2. Anyways, early in the day when this hand occured the tables were a little tighter than normal and I really haven't witnessed any outwardly LAGgy behavior.

I want to fold the turn when its two more back to me. Standard?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero...?

mr pink
03-05-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to fold the turn when its two more back to me. Standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

folding would be bad. see the river, you're closing the action getting 22 to 2 once utg comes along. i'm not convinced you're drawing dead just yet, i could see an overpair from UTG and trip sevens from mp3... i think you're beat here most of the time, but the pot is way to big to dump without being sure.

Redeye
03-05-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
folding would be bad. see the river, you're closing the action getting 22 to 2 once utg comes along. i'm not convinced you're drawing dead just yet, i could see an overpair from UTG and trip sevens from mp3... i think you're beat here most of the time, but the pot is way to big to dump without being sure

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I thought that after UTG capped preflop, he probably had two pair or a set like 75% of the time. I didn't have strong reads, but I'm pretty sure I'm not up against an overpair unless he limped w/ AA. On the turn, if he did have two pair, he most likely has a full. But I thought for sure he probably has a set on the flop. I decided to call the first two cold, but when it came back around I thought for sure I was drawing dead. You may be right though and at 11:1 I might have to call.

Rudbaeck
03-05-2005, 06:48 PM
You should have folded the first time around. UTG capped the first time around, yeah he could be on a lower flush draw, or an oesd, but he likely has something juicy. MP3 came alive on the turn...

13:2 isn't all that good, especially not with MP3 springing to life.