PDA

View Full Version : Hum. KK against a 2+2er.

Entity
03-05-2005, 04:05 PM
I really didn't like this one. Maybe bet-fold river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

stir
03-07-2005, 03:31 PM
IMO, given HU w/ KK and this board, your line is correct.

wowacedude
03-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I like it, however im not to trust /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wjmooner
03-07-2005, 09:12 PM
bet the flop and call down if he raises.

WJ

SeeWillie
03-07-2005, 09:24 PM
I hope some more respected posters chime in here, but it looks like one of those way-ahead or way-behind scenarios, so good job getting to showdown cheaply.

But the LAG in me really really wants to bet out the flop and call down if raised, just to see how much villain likes his hand. We all know the range of 2+2 SH raising hands goes beyond Ax.

Entity
03-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Any other comments on this?

spydog
03-18-2005, 11:38 AM
The flop is drawless so free cards can't hurt you. Against straightforward TAGs I will bet the flop and fold to a raise. However, if he's capable of raising a non-Ace hand then I will check-call it the entire way. Against LAGs I will play this hand the same way.

JerseyTom
03-18-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop is drawless so free cards can't hurt you. Against straightforward TAGs I will bet the flop and fold to a raise. However, if he's capable of raising a non-Ace hand then I will check-call it the entire way. Against LAGs I will play this hand the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

You describe villain as a "2+2er", but is he straight-ahead TAG or tricky TAG?

If tricky, I take this exact line. I need to be ahead 29.4% of the time for this to be correct; I don't know that he has an A &gt; 70% of the time (esp with the 2nd A on the turn). I don't like bet-fold on the river vs. "tricky" b/c:

- he's probably not calling with a lesser hand (at least not &gt; 55%)
- if I'm willing to put one bet in on the river, I'll use it to buy information (see his cards).

If he's straight-ahead TAG or unimaginative-TAG (like, say, me), bet-fold the flop /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tom

Fiddler
03-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Do you want to bet-fold so a lower pocket pair doesn't check behind on the river? Or why?

It looks like he either has an ace which beats you or is in "bet-fold" mode himself with a pocket pair lower than yours. Do you know if he caps hu with 99-QQ? Does he know the range of hands you will try to isolate with? The fact that you didn't lead or CR the flop and then a second ace comes on the turn should make it more likely for him to think you have a pocket-pair. So why shouldn't he continue to bet hoping he has a better one? Especially after our 2+2 conditioning to value-bet.

The way the hand was played I think you have a better chance of getting an extra bet out of a lower pocket pair if you check-call the river. Don't see much upside to betting here.