PDA

View Full Version : Willing to Discuss a Play Money Hand?

betw2outs
09-20-2002, 12:27 AM
Played this hand a couple of days ago at a 6-handed 10/20 play money table. At the time I thought I played it well, but not anymore. I didn't think to get a hand history and have forgotten some big details like the suites and the turn and river cards. I don't think they are relevant.

I had AT off in the BB.

There were a couple of folds before the button, who bet. Everyone called including me.

** FLOP ** AAT

All check (including me) to the button, who bets. I wanted some customers.

Everyone else folds, I called. Button and I are heads-up.

** TURN ** I check/call.

** RIVER ** I check/raise - button calls. I never say his cards.

I played this hand slow/weak because I thought he might fold early.

In retrospect, I think I missed at least 2 BB. I don't think he was going to get off his hand unless it was a pure bluff. He may have had the other A or the Tens or who knows. He was a bit of a contributor.

First question - how would you have played this hand at a (sort-of) short-handed play money table?

Next question - how would you have played this hand at a real money table?

Last question - are there any circumstances under which my play would have been correct?

All comments are welcome even if they include insults. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Andy B
09-20-2002, 07:39 PM
My opinion is that you played absolutely correctly for a short-handed game, a full game, a play money game, a $30/60 game, or about anything else. You've got the deck crippled. If you play fast, he's likely to get away from the hand unless he has an Ace. About the only way you cost yourself significant money is if he has specifically AK, in which case you probably could get four bets or so out of him on the turn.