PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed Aces?

bobbyi
03-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Party Poker $25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Hero ($23.95)
BB ($43.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.5</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($6.10) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $10.10

tbach24
03-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Dude seems eager with his re-raise, pop him back.

amoeba
03-05-2005, 02:09 PM
I would just push preflop.

folding the flop is fine if you think villain is capable of reraising AK and QQ preflop. if you don't think villain does this with these two hands then I think call is in order.

theben
03-05-2005, 02:19 PM
very misplayed aces. you need to make a big move before the flop after he fired back at you. on the flop, your hand is in a lot of trouble so you should just give up there--you are probably either against a pair and a draw, 2pair, or set. if you play on the flop, you are either a large underdog or only a little bit ahead, assuming hes not some complete idiot who is playing a pair of 8's or something silly like that.

bobbyi
03-05-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
very misplayed aces.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok.

[ QUOTE ]
you need to make a big move before the flop after he fired back at you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that may have been good, but I have position and it's heads up and there is plenty of money left and re-re-raising fairly gives my hand away, so I think flat calling was a reasonable option as well.

[ QUOTE ]
on the flop, your hand is in a lot of trouble so you should just give up there

[/ QUOTE ]
I did give up there. So how was this very misplayed if you are suggesting doing exactly what I did?

amoeba
03-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I think cold calling a reraise when you are in position with AA has its place but here, I like rereraising.

if the reraise from villain was more than a minraise, I can see a smooth call but a minreraise preflop at party often means he has something he really likes and I'm fairly certain most party players will call a push here after they minreraise.