PDA

View Full Version : Dear Citanul:

sng-sam
03-05-2005, 01:37 PM
As a newbie to this forum, I am extremly impressed by the wealth of knowledge that is embodied by this group of players/scholars. I do however, find it frustrating that you are in the habit of berating players becuase their logic does not match with yours or you feel their post is irrelevent. The below example is just the latest in what I feel is a habititual pattern of admonishment that is uneccessary.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have a ton of fold equity and very likely are a slight fav. but is 600 worth the possibility of going broke?

[/ QUOTE ]

explain to me how what you just wrote is any different than the original post's question.

citanul

edit: nice edit!

[/ QUOTE ]

your apology is fine but why make the comment in the 1st place. I mean really, we are all trying to learn from each other. Perhaps I and others do not have your depth of experience or you grasp on poker theory, but it really is more often than not polite to forgive the admittedly minor transgressions rather than hammer those whose motives are innocent.

I thank you for your expertise. I look forward to reading your future posts. I mean absolutly no disrespect I simply would like you to lighten up a bit on those who mean no harm. I hope you will take this in the spirit in which it was intended and not begin a flame war.

Rick

spentrent
03-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

The Yugoslavian
03-05-2005, 04:25 PM
FWIW I'm a pretty big a-hole too, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Citanul is jaded a bit from being on the forum for quite a while. In time, if you can grow some thick poker skin, you, your bankroll, and your ability to improve will all be better for it.

Yugoslav
Who possesses Rhinoceros Hide!!!! Or perhaps not... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

lorinda
03-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Citanul is at stage 16, don't push him (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=42826&page=&vi ew=&sb=5&o=&fpart=)

Lori

lorinda
03-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Until you've been here a while (see post above) it is really hard to explain why regular posters "lose it" occasionally.

When you've been here for some time, it's even harder to explain why they don't "lose it" all the time.

Lori

sng-sam
03-05-2005, 05:48 PM
I just want to say publicly that my choice to make this post was inappropriate and could have been handled entirely via PM. That said I will share with you all that Citanul and I have had a very peacful exchange and I truly believe that we both understand each other. I do understand lorida's point..the post she refers to is very funny. Thicker skin has been ordered from ebay. 3-6 weeks for delivery. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

elonkra
03-05-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just want to say publicly that my choice to make this post was inappropriate and could have been handled entirely via PM. That said I will share with you all that Citanul and I have had a very peacful exchange and I truly believe that we both understand each other. I do understand lorida's point..the post she refers to is very funny. Thicker skin has been ordered from ebay. 3-6 weeks for delivery. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nicely handled

skipperbob
03-05-2005, 07:32 PM
When Citanul gets sideways does he become "U-lnuc--"?..how about you "naivalsoguY"...

The Yugoslavian
03-05-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When Citanul gets sideways does he become "U-lnuc--"?..how about you "naivalsoguY"...

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally like 'bobreppiks.' It has a certain 'I've been drinking too much and just made a horrible side bet with Zen' ring to it.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav
Who is feeling very 'naivalsoguy' at the moment...

skipperbob
03-05-2005, 08:48 PM
I used to drink too much; now I drink just the right amount /images/graemlins/grin.gif Speaking of side bets; I have the "field" at Doral...my opponent has Mikelson & Woods for a grand /images/graemlins/confused.gif

skipperbob
03-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Anybody want to buy some of my action? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

citanul
03-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to apologize publicly as I did privately for occasionally losing my cool while posting. As I explained to the OP, there are certain themes of post that really do irk me, and I tend to instead of skipping over them, when in the mood, try to make it clear to the poster that their post sucks, IMHO. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think that the stress level of my entire life of late has gotten to me a bit, and can't promise any short term changes to my posting style, although I am going to try.

The official date is April 1-5, I'm going to Mexico, so I'll hopefully be more chilled when I get back.

This having been the second thread posted in the SNG forum called something like "Dear Citanul" (subtitle, you're an A hole) in the last 6 weeks or so, clearly I'm doing something wrong, or something.

Again, my apologies. I don't apologize for things that are just like, I have ambiguously tenored posts that seem harsh, just the ones that are actually harsh. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul

skipperbob
03-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Cool Man: Takes a gentlemen to apologize (especially when he might not even be wrong)....Note to Yugo: Irie & Suited66's both say that you're a cool dude; so, basically, if you 3 deadqueers want to hangout, I say "Go for It"

SuitedSixes
03-05-2005, 08:56 PM
I have been misquoted and mislabeled. As for you Skipper, your closest chance is 6 strokes back, so I think you've got a better chance of quitting drinking.

citanul
03-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Heh, I've never met any of those guys, but I'd be down for some hanging out if we're ever within say, 100 miles of each other. Where you all from?

Speaking of drinking, I'm out for the night... Have a good one.

citanul

johnnybeef
03-05-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey all,

Just wanted to apologize publicly as I did privately for occasionally losing my cool while posting. As I explained to the OP, there are certain themes of post that really do irk me, and I tend to instead of skipping over them, when in the mood, try to make it clear to the poster that their post sucks, IMHO. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think that the stress level of my entire life of late has gotten to me a bit, and can't promise any short term changes to my posting style, although I am going to try.

The official date is April 1-5, I'm going to Mexico, so I'll hopefully be more chilled when I get back.

This having been the second thread posted in the SNG forum called something like "Dear Citanul" (subtitle, you're an A hole) in the last 6 weeks or so, clearly I'm doing something wrong, or something.

Again, my apologies. I don't apologize for things that are just like, I have ambiguously tenored posts that seem harsh, just the ones that are actually harsh. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

as the poster who was criticized in the ops post by citanul, i have to say that this whole thread is really silly. its cool that everyone is happy and feeling better about them selves, but if you get upset about a rude condescending remark that a random person on an iternet forum makes about something you have to say, maybe you shouldn't be playing poker as dealing with this is cakemix when compared to dealing with being sucked out for a large sum of cash. that being said if this post comes across as rude, i apologize. to citanul, no apology needed to me, i am secure (maybe a little too much) enough to realize my intellegence level is more than adequate, and i in no way shape or form took it personally.

johnny is out

The Yugoslavian
03-05-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Note to Yugo: Irie & Suited66's both say that you're a cool dude; so, basically, if you 3 deadqueers want to hangout, I say "Go for It"

[/ QUOTE ]

1st, I'm not sure Irie has uttered those words and I'm pretty sure SuitedSixes hasn't (see below, /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

So if the three of us (Irie, 66s, and I) are deadqueers, then what does that make Zen? I 'livequeer'?! Perhaps an 'eternalqueer' or just a 'not cool dude?' And does that make you 'oldmanqueer' or 'papaqueer'? This is all so confusing, /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Note to citanul: I live in Orange County, I have no clue if you're even in the ballpark of 100 miles (I know SuitedSixes is not). FWIW I will be within 100 miles of Vegas March 13th-17th. But this information may be only interesting to some and not others (or no one).

Yugoslav

citanul
03-06-2005, 01:47 AM
johnny,

i'm glad that you are secure with your intelligence/self. i also, and i think that you know, didn't meant the referenced post as an insult to you. as i explained in a PM to the OP of this thread, i felt that your post was endemic (sp?) of a problem that many players have. this problem i feel is sort of a mix of not thinking the one extra level, and not realizing that there is only truly one level. (you may have to excuse some booze talking, but i hope not.)

for instance, in the orignal referenced thread, there was a hand posted.

you responded basically by listing a few of the factors that should come into play in your decision making.

one step too few -> you should figure out what you feel those factors all point towards, or ask for the information that would let you be able to make this decision/point out there is missing information, for instance, in this hand we originally were talking about, the folding tendencies of the bb would be a big piece of information we weren't furnished with. it could influence our decision on the hand.

one step too many -> this is a bit "zen" or whatever, but at some point, all the levels of deepess you can go to collapse down to one level, and that level is how you're going to play the hand, limp, fold, raise. that is all. often times, plays become knee jerk. sometimes, this is ok, sometimes this is not. but many highly experienced players do things that are knee jerk which incorporate many levels of thinking, withouth actually consciously referencing those layers. however, when a new player is developing these skills, it is often paramount that they think through these things, to help get them hardwired.

citanul, who's glad you've got thick skin. anyone with thick skin is more likely to gain something from my posts, which are occasionally helpful, instead of putting me on ignore, and never getting anything from it.

johnnybeef
03-06-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
johnny,

i'm glad that you are secure with your intelligence/self. i also, and i think that you know, didn't meant the referenced post as an insult to you. as i explained in a PM to the OP of this thread, i felt that your post was endemic (sp?) of a problem that many players have. this problem i feel is sort of a mix of not thinking the one extra level, and not realizing that there is only truly one level. (you may have to excuse some booze talking, but i hope not.)

for instance, in the orignal referenced thread, there was a hand posted.

you responded basically by listing a few of the factors that should come into play in your decision making.

one step too few -> you should figure out what you feel those factors all point towards, or ask for the information that would let you be able to make this decision/point out there is missing information, for instance, in this hand we originally were talking about, the folding tendencies of the bb would be a big piece of information we weren't furnished with. it could influence our decision on the hand.

one step too many -> this is a bit "zen" or whatever, but at some point, all the levels of deepess you can go to collapse down to one level, and that level is how you're going to play the hand, limp, fold, raise. that is all. often times, plays become knee jerk. sometimes, this is ok, sometimes this is not. but many highly experienced players do things that are knee jerk which incorporate many levels of thinking, withouth actually consciously referencing those layers. however, when a new player is developing these skills, it is often paramount that they think through these things, to help get them hardwired.

citanul, who's glad you've got thick skin. anyone with thick skin is more likely to gain something from my posts, which are occasionally helpful, instead of putting me on ignore, and never getting anything from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no prob, in fact it never really was. my post was essentially me thinking out loud which i am frequently guilty of. i need to start proof reading my posts more often.

1C5
03-06-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to drink too much; now I drink just the right amount /images/graemlins/grin.gif Speaking of side bets; I have the "field" at Doral...my opponent has Mikelson & Woods for a grand /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible bet on your half. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif