PDA

View Full Version : How many bets would you go?

Your Mom
03-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Interpoker 5/10. My opponent and I both have just under $300. I open raise with 88, opponent 3 bets, I call, we're heads up.

Flop is KK8. I bet, opponent raises, I call.

Turn is a 6. I bet, opponent raises, I 3 bet, opponent 4 bets, I 5 bet, opponent 6 bets. How many bets would you go here?

Guy McSucker
03-05-2005, 01:14 PM
"I have a hand"

"I have a hand too"

"Well, I have at least trips"

"Well I have at least trips and my kicker is good"

"My hand beats your trips with good kicker"

"My hand beats a hand that beats trips with a good kicker, i.e. my hand it at least a full house"

"Oh no. My hand is the second low full house. Assuming we're reading the same script, I'm losing. But the pot is big and my hand is strong. I call down."

Does that clarify anything? No, thought not.

Guy.

captZEEbo1
03-05-2005, 01:17 PM
I suspect most people wouldn't raise their flopped quads on the flop....?

I'd 9-bet at least. Opponent is more likely to have 66 or even AK or AA (some opponents are idiots) than KK or K8/K6.

Any reads on your opponent? I've played against opponents, where I capped it at every street but the river with a pair of 8s and a JT6 flop. Having some sort of read on your opponent might help.

JerseyTom
03-05-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I have a hand"

"I have a hand too"

"Well, I have at least trips"

"Well I have at least trips and my kicker is good"

"My hand beats your trips with good kicker"

"My hand beats a hand that beats trips with a good kicker, i.e. my hand it at least a full house"

"Oh no. My hand is the second low full house. Assuming we're reading the same script, I'm losing. But the pot is big and my hand is strong. I call down."

[/ QUOTE ]

There needs to be a name for the theory that every successive raise on a given street progressively narrows the range of your opponents hands down to the one(s) you most fear.

Maybe he has quads. Maybe he's a donk and is overplaying AK. Maybe he's a little LAG preflop and has K8. I might go 6-7 bets before calling down.

Obviously reads help. I once had an otherwise solid player cap every street with me (preflop as well) on a AKKAx board:

him: KJs
me: AA

Spladle Master
03-05-2005, 03:19 PM
30. But I'm a maniac.

bunky9590
03-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Call the 6 bet and check call the river. Even if the 8 falls.

Unless you wanna pull a Tommy and 7 bet and fold to an 8 bet. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Your Mom
03-05-2005, 04:15 PM
He finally called my 9 bet. Then he raised my river bet. I 3 bet, he called, MHIG. It was at crypto, so hand history doesn't show his hand.

Your Mom
03-05-2005, 04:16 PM
I just couldn't give him KK, mostly b/c he raised me on the flop.

bunky9590
03-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Nicely done then. I went 10 bets against one cat once with like 6th nuts, but he was a very "special player". Maybe this cat is his twin. /images/graemlins/grin.gif