PDA

View Full Version : How many BB to be a winning player?

rockythecat99
03-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I am going into my 3rd month of playing and I am playing 5/10 limit live and online. I wanted to ask what is a good winning percentage. Right now I am making about 15/hr playing 5/10. Is this too little? Thanks

college_boy
03-05-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am going into my 3rd month of playing and I am playing 5/10 limit live and online. I wanted to ask what is a good winning percentage. Right now I am making about 15/hr playing 5/10. Is this too little? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about it. Just learn how to play good poker. That's all that matters.

PS I'm willing to bet that your sample size is too small.

prayformojo
03-05-2005, 11:30 AM
If you're talking about playing one table only, 15BB/hr is completely unsustainable. Sorry. The bubble's going to burst.

The figure tossed around here is that a winning player can expect to make over 2BB/100 hands online. Live, even against the worst opponents, you should be pleased to find yourself making 2BB/hr or more.

Edit: I now understand you meant $15/hr. This is certainly sustainable live.

prayformojo
03-05-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry about it. Just learn how to play good poker. That's all that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

rockythecat99
03-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the answers guys. I started playing this year. My new year's resolution /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Picked up sshe and haven't looked back. Thanks again for the answers.

Rudbaeck
03-05-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're talking about playing one table only, 15BB/hr is completely unsustainable. Sorry. The bubble's going to burst.

The figure tossed around here is that a winning player can expect to make over 2BB/100 hands online. Live, even against the worst opponents, you should be pleased to find yourself making 2BB/hr or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

2BB/100 is decent, but not great, when playing 4-6 tables of 5/10.

Live at such a low limit 1.5BB/hr isn't at all unsustainable. It might even be sustainable online if playing a single table and excercising great table selection.

prayformojo
03-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Edit: never mind. I read the original post as meaning 15BB/hr, but I guess it did mean $15/hr. Yes, that is a sustainable win rate. But again, don't worry about these figures. Play good poker.