PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics futures (eastern conference champs)

Uglyowl
03-05-2005, 11:25 AM
The Celtics as of last night were listed at 26:1 to win the East. Does anyone else think this is as great a deal as I do.

One could possibly hedge this bet if and when they play Miami, to lock in profit.

ttleistdci
03-05-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Celtics as of last night were listed at 26:1 to win the East. Does anyone else think this is as great a deal as I do.

One could possibly hedge this bet if and when they play Miami, to lock in profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've bet on the celts 3 times this year. Once as favorites, once as dogs, and the under in one game. I lost all 3. I'm sure if I bet this, they'll lose in the Eastern Conference finals or something.

But seriously...if they can stick together, they have a shot at it now. 'Twan hasn't always been the best team player, but if he can keep it in check, they'll could be right there in the end with Detroit or Miami.
The East is gradually getting stronger. Philly added C Webb, Miami has Wade and Shaq, and Detroit is coming back after a so-so start to the season. Is the balance of power slowly shifting back to the East?

tech
03-05-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming they win the division (not at all a sure thing), they will have to beat somebody like Chicago, Cleveland, or Orlando first, then Detroit, then Miami. That would be a lot of hedging.

03-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I think this year (1) they won't have home court as the 3-seed if their record is worse than that of the 6th seed, and (2) they re-seed after the first round. Maybe someone can confirm or correct this. If it's accurate, it's even more of an uphill battle than in recent years. So if they get past their first-round matchup, then they probably would play the #1 seed (Miami or Detroit), and then after that play the #2 seed (Miami or Detroit). Can you really expect them to win 3 series on the road, 2 of them against Miami and Detroit? Not me.

ttleistdci
03-05-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they re-seed after the first round. Maybe someone can confirm or correct this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your right. They might not re-seed, but I think the higher seeded team gets home court advantage.

Uglyowl
03-05-2005, 04:01 PM
"3 series on the road"

The future I have is just for the Eastern Conference at 26:1, so two series on the road at worst.

Regardless I think 26:1 is way to high and presents value

MicroBob
03-05-2005, 04:09 PM
i would put their chances at 20:1....maybe 17:1 or so at the very best.

certainly i don't think they are a longer shot than 26:1.

i think there's value there too.

03-05-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they re-seed after the first round. Maybe someone can confirm or correct this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your right. They might not re-seed, but I think the higher seeded team gets home court advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right -- no re-seed, just the home court thing