PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Clark, I'm posting another

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Sorry to be flooding the boards with hands but this one was awful. I think I have this leak that when I see someone getting really short, I give them much less credit for a hand. I've seen it a lot, but here a lot of bets went into the pot. Too many I think.

Pokerroom 2/4, Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP2 (fish who seems intent on getting what little stack he has into this pot) raises, Hero 3-bets, folded to fish who calls.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP2 bets, Hero raises (?) MP2 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP2 bets, hero calls.

River: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP2 bets, Hero calls.

I guess calling down with the 9 high flush makes no sense against a typically passive opponent. See possible leak above.

sthief09
03-05-2005, 11:06 AM
you really are flooding the boards, and none of these hands are particularly tough. but I'd call call call

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you really are flooding the boards, and none of these hands are particularly tough. but I'd call call call

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I'm through.

college_boy
03-05-2005, 11:15 AM
I don't understand why, after reading the post, you would post 5 consecutive hands.

sthief09
03-05-2005, 11:18 AM
just stagger them throughout the day. 2 now, 2 in a couple of hours. let the first ones die first.

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why after reading Clark's post you would post 5 consecutive hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its b/c I hit a huge wall and I'm rethinking plays I think I overthought while playing. As for these 5 hands, its b/c I wanted feedback. As for consecutively, its b/c I'm looking at my session now and now seemed like a good time to post. Next time I'll spread them out over a period of time so as not to piss you off.

I apologized. Let it go.

college_boy
03-05-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why after reading Clark's post you would post 5 consecutive hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its b/c I hit a huge wall and I'm rethinking plays I think I overthought while playing. As for these 5 hands, its b/c I wanted feedback. As for consecutively, its b/c I'm looking at my session now and now seemed like a good time to post. Next time I'll spread them out over a period of time so as not to piss you off.

I apologized. Let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean to come across as a dick. The hands just become tough to follow at this pace

Nate tha' Great
03-05-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop for value seems right.

Bob T.
03-05-2005, 12:45 PM
He wasn't really short, because he didn't get all in, even though there were multiple bets on a couple of the streets. Really short, means that he is all in before the turn action finishes.

If this was an aggressive player, I don't think your calldown would be out of line.

Whenever I see someone with four active threads. I usually just ignore all of them.

sthief09
03-05-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm assuming you quoted me because I came off as an arrogant prick. "tough" was a bad word to use. but I was a little pissed when I saw his name 5 or 6 times at teh top.

anyway, how much value is there from raising the flop? if you get 3-bet you pretty much have to call down in case he has just the Ah, and if a heart comes you have to call because you have a flush and he could have black aces or something. even if his equity is over 50%, he'll get 3-bet when he's behind or occasionally dead to something like AhAx. so he puts in 2 bets when he's <50/50 or 3 bets when he's either <50/50 or drawing to 2 outs.

if you give this guy a range of AA-JJ, AhKx, or AhQx after the flop bet:

Board: Jh 8h 3h
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 39.4444 % [ 00.39 00.00 ] { 9h9d }
Hand 2: 60.5556 % [ 00.61 00.00 ] { AA-JJ, AKo-AQo with a heart }

so throwing in the good possibility of trash, it's still hard to have the ~60% or so equity you need for a raise

Nate tha' Great
03-05-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you quoted me because I came off as an arrogant prick. "tough" was a bad word to use. but I was a little pissed when I saw his name 5 or 6 times at teh top.

anyway, how much value is there from raising the flop? if you get 3-bet you pretty much have to call down in case he has just the Ah, and if a heart comes you have to call because you have a flush and he could have black aces or something. even if his equity is over 50%, he'll get 3-bet when he's behind or occasionally dead to something like AhAx. so he puts in 2 bets when he's <50/50 or 3 bets when he's either <50/50 or drawing to 2 outs.

if you give this guy a range of AA-JJ, AhKx, or AhQx after the flop bet:

Board: Jh 8h 3h
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 39.4444 % [ 00.39 00.00 ] { 9h9d }
Hand 2: 60.5556 % [ 00.61 00.00 ] { AA-JJ, AKo-AQo with a heart }

so throwing in the good possibility of trash, it's still hard to have the ~60% or so equity you need for a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with the hand range you've given him.

sthief09
03-05-2005, 01:52 PM
I know that's a narrow description given the read, but it's hard to be specific for the other hands he could have. chances are he either has 2 overs or a heart and a couple of overs. but it would have to be frequent enough to turn that from 40-60 to 60-40.