PDA

View Full Version : To Matt, Chuck or anyone who can help..

Kevin J
09-19-2002, 10:12 PM
I for one, like the new format. I think most of the changes are definitely for the better. But just a couple of question.. There are some things that are a little frustrating. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not doing something right, or if it's hard wired into the new software and nothing can be done.

1). Is there any way to log in from the first 2+2 page? I have to first click on a forum and THEN log in. It seems you should be able to log in right away from the first page.

2). When logging in, there's a box that says "remember me next time" or something like that. I click it and sometimes it remembers me next time, but more often I have to type my name and password in all over again when returning. ??

3). Threading and nesting. I like flat mode, but isn't there a way to view the thread in the properly nested order? For instance, B responded to A and C responds to A. But now D responds to B and you'd never know it until you've perused the entire thread (when viewing in flat mode). In other words D's response is at the bottom instead of where it should be - under B. This makes it hard to follow the chronology of logic when new ideas or conversations start within a thread.

Like I said, I can live with these things, it would just be nicer if I could change them. Thanks.

Ray Zee
09-19-2002, 11:01 PM
Kev,

i found i had to use explorer with cookies fully enabled then you always get logged in automatically. except sometimes when rebooting the computer. beats me.

put the first page you want to see as the one you click on in your favorites in the bookmarks. then you go to that page.

i too find it terrible that in the flat mode which makes it so easy to read all the posts in a thread, that they are not in the right order as to response.

overall even this old dog has agreed the new stuff is much better, except some people dont use the features so they are limited and maybe suffer, so those that use these forums should learn to use the FAQ stuff.

ohkanada
09-19-2002, 11:12 PM
Try this link, which gets rid of the left column and goes right into the logon screen:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/logout.php?Cat=