PDA

View Full Version : KJ in BB, letting the fish push me around

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Pokerroom 2/4, MP2 is a real fish, 125 hands, 48/3 with a AF of .3

Hero has K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif in BB.

MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, MP2 raises (?), SB calls, Hero calls.

(Anyone think a 3-bet is the play here. This seemed like this guys first raise this month, so I really wasn't sure how to react.)

River: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

check-chcek.

Looking this over I know this seems really weak, but this guy never raises. I guess I should have bet the river with intention of calling?

aron
03-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Read about the Clarkmeister Theorem just the other day. Not sure if I got it right but this seems like a nice spot to use it.

So bet the river, fold to a raise.

-aron

pudley4
03-05-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Read about the Clarkmeister Theorem just the other day. Not sure if I got it right but this seems like a nice spot to use it.

So bet the river, fold to a raise.

-aron

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only 3 hearts on the board, not 4. The Theorem doesn't apply here.

3-bet the turn.

belloc
03-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Reads on the other players? I think if two of the three are loose, you need to be raising this preflop with KJo. Even with the one very loose player at 48, I'm pretty sure I'm raising it, unless one of the others behind me is really solid.

And yes, three bet the turn.

Nate tha' Great
03-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Calling down was fine. Both AQ and Q9 are probably limping hands given his stats and there are 32 combinations of those. You're a little bit hamstrung on the river but what can you do? Perhaps he saved you a bet on the end.

aron
03-05-2005, 12:13 PM
But what about the 4 card gutshot on the board?

-aron

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But what about the 4 card gutshot on the board?

-aron

[/ QUOTE ]

You want me to represent a 9? That I bet out on the flop into 4 guys with?

I'm not saying villan here would think about it that way, but that does not seem to a +EV play at all.

BottlesOf
03-05-2005, 12:50 PM
79 also....

aron
03-06-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You want me to represent a 9? That I bet out on the flop into 4 guys with?

I'm not saying villan here would think about it that way, but that does not seem to a +EV play at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nu when I wrote that about the clarkmeister theorem I had misread the hand and thought that there were a fourflush on the board (my bad).

This question was if you could apply the theorem to four to a straight as well?
I can see that it all depends on what straight is out there but say it's one that includes a picturecard or an ace, and the way you played the hand it's possible you have one of those cards.

-aron