PDA

View Full Version : 55 utg

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Wondering if I should have simply bet out on the flop? I realize now that not betting that river is really, really awful.

POkerrom 2/4, 8 handed, passive table. Button is a tag, 96 hands, 17/6.

Hero is UTG with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Hero limps, UTG +1 limps, button limps, sb folds, bb checks.

Flop of J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to button who bets, hero raises, all fold, button calls.

Turn J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, button checks.

River 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

check-check.

That river has value bet written all over it, no?

Grease
03-05-2005, 10:46 AM
It was ballsy, but I'm not sure it could work. The only thing is that any card on the turn can kill your hand. The pot is small, so I really wouldn't try it personally. You would have to know the button very well for this to be correct, but, as I said before, the pot is small, so why bother?

sthief09
03-05-2005, 10:52 AM
bet the flop, turn, and river

pokerstudAA
03-05-2005, 10:53 AM
I like it. However, if you are making this play then I would bet the turn and fold to a raise. Definately bet the river.

[insert standard I dont know how to play small PP disclaimer here....]

sthief09
03-05-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It was ballsy, but I'm not sure it could work. The only thing is that any card on the turn can kill your hand. The pot is small, so I really wouldn't try it personally. You would have to know the button very well for this to be correct, but, as I said before, the pot is small, so why bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're weak tight. continually folding the best hand because the pot is small will cost you lots of money. you say any card could kill his hand on the turn, but that doesn't matter, because his opponent doens't have every card. he has only 2 of them

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So just bet out? For some reason I figured at the time that if the bet came from an MP player I'd fold and if it came from the button I'd raise. The flop seemed pretty safe for my hand, but I wanted to be HU. I'm not sure if this is the right way to think about it, but its what I thought at the time.

sthief09
03-05-2005, 11:09 AM
2 people checked before you and 2 people are to act behind you. if you're going to stay in the pot, bet

college_boy
03-05-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2 people checked before you and 2 people are to act behind you. if you're going to stay in the pot, bet

[/ QUOTE ]

And if raised at any point you would fold I'm assuming?

brettbrettr
03-05-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one checked before me. I'm UTG. Not sure what you're saying.

btspider
03-05-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on the river, what holdings would a TAG hold that we beat (and would call a bet)? or is this one of those just bet so we don't have to show our hand b/c we know the busted flush isn't going to bluff and he *might* somehow have 4x or 3x?

brett, BB checked to you. so 1 checked and 2 left to act.