PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think I was in front...

lorinda
09-19-2002, 07:30 PM
We have had similar discussions about the odds of being in front in certain hands, but this one has a twist.
This hand was a margarita hand on paradise poker, Im interested to know if anyone thinks I was winning
The first guy to speak after my river bet thought for an eternity.... my guess was Ace high.
For those not familiar with the promotion, you get $10 for being dealt into the hand and $100 for winning it....
Im on the button

Dealt to lorinda [ 7h ]
Dealt to lorinda [ Ks ]
Norrlander: Call ($1)
Kangar : Call ($1)
bushiigai: Call ($1)
Gambl0r : Fold
mazie : Fold
jogurt : Fold
König : Fold
lorinda : Raise ($2)
RainZu : Fold
HardToBeat: Call ($1)
Norrlander: Call ($1)
Kangar : Call ($1)
bushiigai: Call ($1)
*** FLOP *** : [ Tc Jd 4c ]
HardToBeat: Check
Norrlander: Check
Kangar : Check
bushiigai: Check
lorinda : Check
*** TURN *** : [ Tc Jd 4c ] [ Qh ]
bushiigai: Check
lorinda : Bet ($2)
HardToBeat: Call ($2)
Norrlander: Call ($2)
Kangar : Call ($2)
bushiigai: Fold
*** RIVER *** : [ Tc Jd 4c Qh ] [ 5d ]
lorinda : Bet ($2)
HardToBeat: Fold
Norrlander: Fold
Kangar : Fold
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $17.75 | Rake: $0.75

Dynasty
09-19-2002, 07:39 PM
I'd say you were probably beat by a moron who doesn't understand what he's doing. I can say this with some confidence since five momumentally moronic opponents folded pre-flop with $100 already in the pot.

With $100 in the pot pre-flop, the only cards I would fold would be Pokeman cards.

lorinda
09-19-2002, 08:29 PM
Even more interestingly, could you call with 2 pokemon cards six handed for a split pot? I dont think you could quite pull it off, but you are getting odds /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

AlanBostick
09-19-2002, 11:26 PM

09-23-2002, 05:57 PM
You were ahead. Here's my reasoning:

Everyone knows that you can't bluff anyone out of a $120 pot with a $2 bet. Therefore, your bet on the river must be a bet-for-value with anywhere from a monster hand (e.g., 3rd pair, top kicker) to a merely strong hand (such as 2nd nut no-pair). Your bet gave away your hand, and your opponents made the correct read. The surprising thing isn't that they read you, it's that all three of them had the courage to trust their read and fold. That's a masterful laydown in my humble opinion and one that I personally would not have had the courage to make.

HardToBeat, Norrlander, and Kangar, I salute you.

PP

amp
09-23-2002, 11:43 PM
The players who folded may be morons, but not because they folded. In order to be eligible for the $100 bonus, you have to have ordered a "virtual margarita" at your table. If someone doesn't have a margarita, they're getting the same odds that they would on any other hand.

The only monumentally moronic part is not ordering the margarita whenever you're playing on a Monday, since you're throwing away free money.

As an aside, this promotion has created some really interesting situations -- at one point today, the bonus hand hit at a $30+3 hold'em tournament that was down to two players!

O)))

lorinda
09-24-2002, 04:43 PM
All players actually in the pot on the flop had the drink.
So, in theory at least, they were "aware" as to what was occuring.