PDA

View Full Version : A6s in BB... Party $3/6

TheMetetron
03-05-2005, 04:59 AM
I dont really want to say anything and muddle up the discussion. I have my own thoughts I'll post later.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

JoshuaD
03-05-2005, 05:02 AM
I check the flop and fold the river.

Were you expecting another response?

TheMetetron
03-05-2005, 05:04 AM
Oh almost forgot... villian was (crap cant remember exactly). Say 40/10/3 over say 40 hands.

TheMetetron
03-05-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check the flop and fold the river.

Were you expecting another response?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I expected this response.

Just not sure I agree with it.

Stu Pidasso
03-05-2005, 05:16 AM
Having bet the flop, bet the turn and hope you pick up the pot. A turn bet may also bring you to a free show down where you may also win.

Stu

TheMetetron
03-05-2005, 05:24 AM
K.. we are getting somewhere now. My problem is with 2 callers on this board I am looking at the very least an OESD who is calling the turn regardless and possibly a pair by the other guy (too much credit? maybe they both just have overs and will fold the turn?). If I bet this turn, I can't expect to take it down here, but could use it as set-up for a river bet on a blank.

The question becomes will a pair fold to a turn and river bet often enough to it worth 2 big bets in a small pot?

TheMetetron
03-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Of course, the flop question hasn't been answered. Is it worth one small bet on a semi-bluff here? I think so, but I'll see what others say. I've got an OESD (although a ten certainly doesn't make me too happy), an over, and a backdoor flush draw.

Lurker4
03-05-2005, 05:33 AM
I'd check/call the flop, and fold the river as well. I think the flop changes to a bet if you have Ad7d and flop is 986. After betting the flop, the turn check is good. You will more often then not get popped by a 9, and any draw will still be calling as well as any pair that called the flop. I think betting the turn will only fold overs that made a loose flop call, but I don't think that's worth one BB. The pot has to be a bit larger for me to call the river bet.

TheMetetron
03-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Good post. I actually think I agree with most of what you say in retrospect. The two decisions (flop/river) are close, but I think I may have been just barely on the wrong side of each. I'll see what others say.

einbert
03-05-2005, 06:35 AM
I don't like betting the turn at all. You can probably fold to a raise, but if you don't bet you will win the pot more often I think because you won't have to fold your (notsogreat) draw.

Betting the flop isn't bad at all if you think you have some chance of taking down the pot immediately. This is really a read-based decision, against some tables this is a nice valuable bet and against others it is just throwing a SB away. If the players are loose and chase it's not good though.

The river call, well you will definitely win this pot sometimes, but the pot is just so tiny. If some railbird threw in an extra 5BB, I think it would be a valuable call. But with the tiny pot size I'm going to have to vote fold on the river.

Fnord
03-05-2005, 06:36 AM
Your draw sucks. No way I'm betting this flop into a call-happy field. Just let it go man...

TheMetetron
03-05-2005, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your draw sucks. No way I'm betting this flop into a call-happy field. Just let it go man...

[/ QUOTE ]

To be clear, there is still a good chance I would have made this bet with something like Q2. The game was good enough for the flop bet I think. (Nah, I take that back, maybe with only 2 others in there was it a good enough game... but with my small draws it was worth it even with the extra person, maybe). Damnit, I'm still undecided on both decisions /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The river call... after the turn getting checked through, it really screamed them both being on draws. I can't see a pair wanting to check through that river and giving the draws a free shot. The river bet screamed bluff, but the small pot did make me think about laying it down. I'm still undecided on the river.

Stu Pidasso
03-05-2005, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My problem is with 2 callers on this board I am looking at the very least an OESD who is calling the turn regardless

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, the very least you're looking at two players with nothing but overcards.

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet this turn, I can't expect to take it down here

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can. Even if you do not win it outright on the turn, betting here substantially increases your pot equity when one of your opponents folds(which will happen the majority of the time). Against one drawing opponent Ace high often wins.

[ QUOTE ]
The question becomes will a pair fold to a turn and river bet often enough to it worth 2 big bets in a small pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its to your advantage that this pot is small. Its also to your advantage the highest ranking card paired after you were the flop aggressor. By checking the turn you are throwing those advanteges out the window.

Stu