PDA

View Full Version : He called me a fish after this one. Was he right?

BigBaitsim (milo)
03-05-2005, 03:57 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

PV has not updated this table, and I have no stats on nemesis.

Preflop: Milo is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Milo 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Milo calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Milo bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

chio
03-05-2005, 03:59 AM
not a fish, but i think you played the hand badly. you'd love to see the turn for 1 bet, but betting into a preflop capper isn't the way to do it. he's not folding any better hand and he'll raise it up often.

kiddo
03-05-2005, 04:31 AM
U probably got 4 outs (or 5 if we count backdoor flush) on flop and 12 outs on turn and u are betting, begging him 2 raise u. Which hand do u think he will fold that was worth capping preflop?

I can see the turnbet if u think he is a bit weak or bluffing a lot, prepared to fold for a bet. But he will never ever fold a preflopcap for 1 SB on flop. If he is bluffing he will raise, if he got a good hand he will raise or kust call with the intention of raising turn and if he got an ok hand, like pocketpairs, but higher card on table, he will call u down.

Your flopbet gives u zero information.

Not fishy, but being aggressive out of position against preflop capper is begging for trouble.

sethypooh21
03-05-2005, 04:36 AM
I agree with the other response that check-calling is better, and it probably wins you an extra bet on the river.

At the same time, where exactly were you supposed to fold?
With this flop, you are going to see the turn, with that turn you are going to see the river. You did not play the hand especially well, but he played his hand worse by not raising either flop or turn (assuming HHWG).

bugstud
03-05-2005, 07:14 AM
I generally c/r the river here, mike l style

BigBaitsim (milo)
03-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Obviously MHIG, but he held AK. Check-calling the flop is clearly the better play. I don't understand why he fails to raise, ever.

NLSoldier
03-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I think your 3-bet out of the SB vs a UTG raiser who is too passive to ever raise his TPTK is pretty horrible.

I also think you have a clear river CR.