PDA

View Full Version : So you are one of two shorstacks and it's bubble time and...

elonkra
03-05-2005, 03:06 AM
...the other shortstack appears to be permanently disconnected (this is a six player sit and go). Let's say you have $1000, the dead shorstack has $550, and the bigstack has roughly $3450. Blinds are at $25/$50, doubling every ten minutes.

The bigstack has been (and continues to be) a maniac throughout the entire game. Overbetting half the time he enters preflop, willing to fold to a reraise all-in most of the time, limping in with nearly all premium hands. At this point, he's raising every pot preflop, gambling that you'll fold your way into the money. So how do you play this? Assume you're playing an average buy-in sit and go for you (not so cheap that you want to take unnecessary risks to place 1st, not so expensive that you absolutely must make it into the money). Do you raise w/44 and K10 on the small blind when he's sitting on the big blind, knowing that he's gonna call and you're gonna have to hit that flop, convince him that you hit it, or simply have your pair/high cards hold up? Do you limp, knowing you're gonna have to call his overbet to see a flop or raise all-in and win or force him to fold? Or, do you do like I did, and fold your way into the money, except in situations where you have monsters like 1010 or AK (for what it's worth, I battled back from $500 or so heads-up to get $3300 in chips, but lost in two hands on bad beat suckouts).

elonkra
03-05-2005, 02:25 PM
one-time bump here

Paul2432
03-05-2005, 02:40 PM
what are the payouts?

Paul

elonkra
03-05-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what are the payouts?

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I left this variable out because to include it would bring about much laughter and "play agressive posts." I'm a real smalltimer, especially right now, as I recently withdrew my entire bankroll and am in the process of replinishing it. I'd like you to tell me how you'd play it in a tourney of the buy-in size you normally play at. But if you must know, we're talking a $3.30 tourney here /images/graemlins/smile.gif