PDA

View Full Version : Beer or Nyquil?

3rdEye
03-05-2005, 01:49 AM
I've had a mild chest cold for the past few days. I have found through experience that beer seems to be a perfectly good substitute for Nyquil in these situations. Hence, I am drinking beer right now.

Would I be better off just doing a shot of Nyquil and passing out?

pshreck
03-05-2005, 01:50 AM
I do the same thing with beer, but usually wake up feeling awful.

TStoneMBD
03-05-2005, 01:53 AM
i always feel like [censored] the next day after a shot of nyquil. id recommend neither. take tylenol night and sinus. works great for me.

nothumb
03-05-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah. Beer is not that good for a cold. Might get you buzzed enough to alleviate symptoms, but trust me, I drink a lot and even I have learned that this is a -EV move. If you want to drink, drink tequila. This always clears me up.

NT

3rdEye
03-05-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Beer is not that good for a cold. Might get you buzzed enough to alleviate symptoms, but trust me, I drink a lot and even I have learned that this is a -EV move. If you want to drink, drink tequila. This always clears me up.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a good idea. I have been on a bit of a tequila kick lately; I'll give it a shot. Ha. No pun intended.

Aukai
03-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Fill up a shotglass full of NyQuil, drop it in a glass of beer, chug, and wake up at 5PM tomorrow.

You can thank me then.

peachy
03-05-2005, 05:57 AM
take cold medicine...it will affect water in ur cells thus clearing u up some....itll make u feel better and help u sleep...dont take just regular nyquil

Lazymeatball
03-05-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
take cold medicine...it will affect water in ur cells thus clearing u up some....itll make u feel better and help u sleep...dont take just regular nyquil

[/ QUOTE ]

Nyquil is cold medicine

peachy
03-05-2005, 06:22 AM
when i said reg i was talking about reg and the other varities they have

as in TAKE nitetime nyquil....

blahness

Shillx
03-05-2005, 06:27 AM
Beer is the cure for everything. If you get a rash on your vagina, drink more beer and it will go away. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Lazymeatball
03-05-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TAKE nitetime nyquil....

[/ QUOTE ]
The night time variety of Nyquil IS Nyquil. It's got that "Ny" sound, as in night, right in the name. Vick's also makes something called DAYquil, guess what time that is used for?

peachy
03-05-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TAKE nitetime nyquil....

[/ QUOTE ]
The night time variety of Nyquil IS Nyquil. It's got that "Ny" sound, as in night, right in the name. Vick's also makes something called DAYquil, guess what time that is used for?

[/ QUOTE ]

there r STILL different kinds!! just b/c i said NITETIME doesnt mean thats the NAME for the love of god!! I call all these kinds nyquil...but hey thats just me...I was telling him to take something that would make him sleep!! There is a nondrosy and drosy .... im my skewed mind NITETIME is drowsy....sorry if im NOT clear enough 100% of the time

do u people have nothing better to do that vicisiously critique everything that is said???/

bugstud
03-05-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TAKE nitetime nyquil....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there r STILL different kinds!! just b/c i said NITETIME doesnt mean thats the NAME for the love of god!! I call all these kinds nyquil...but hey thats just me...I was telling him to take something that would make him sleep!! There is a nondrosy and drosy .... im my skewed mind NITETIME is drowsy....sorry if im NOT clear enough 100% of the time

do u people have nothing better to do that vicisiously critique everything that is said???/

[/ QUOTE ]

we're posting on a poker message board. Free time is one of the things we have in ABUNDANCE /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daryn
03-05-2005, 06:59 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
TAKE nitetime nyquil....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously regular nyquil is drowsy. peachy, you should stop posting in this thread. it's just exposing you further.

peachy
03-05-2005, 07:05 AM
like ive said before...ill say what i think...i dont care what others opinions r of it...if its right its right if its wrong its wrong...makes no difference to me

and if its misunderstood its not my problem

daryn
03-05-2005, 07:08 AM
like ive said before...ill say what i think...i dont care what others opinions r of it...if its right its right if its wrong its wrong...makes no difference to me

[/ QUOTE ]

that's great that you are an opinionated woman (oh god..) but if i come on here saying 2+2=5, and someone tries to correct me, but instead i just keep yammering on and on about how i have a right to my own opinion, well then i'm gonna sound pretty stupid.

peachy
03-05-2005, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's great that you are an opinionated woman (oh god..) but if i come on here saying 2+2=5, and someone tries to correct me, but instead i just keep yammering on and on about how i have a right to my own opinion, well then i'm gonna sound pretty stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

then do urself a favor and block me...if some SHOWS me im wrong...then fine...either way i could care less

fatmongo
03-05-2005, 07:11 AM
he can block you, but that doesnt save the rest of us

peachy
03-05-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heres a novel idea...u block me as well

daryn
03-05-2005, 07:26 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

heres a novel idea...u block me as well

[/ QUOTE ]

trying to help you out, not block you. i have no problem with you or anyone else posting anything.

beerbandit
03-05-2005, 10:19 AM
robitussin

"i broke my arm an daddy poured robitusson on it"

cheers