PDA

View Full Version : A Coldcalling Poll (short)

DrGutshot
03-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Hey all, recently read a post about coldcalling...just wondering what you have to say about this.

6 handed 10/20 game

UTG folds, a 40/20 UTG+1 raises, 45/10 CO coldcalls, you are on the button with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. The SB is a 20/15 tag and the BB is a 40/10 loosey.

Assume UTG+1 is fairly aggressive postflop, and the rest are fairly passive (if this makes any difference).

Provide reasoning.

MAxx
03-05-2005, 01:45 AM
easy fold.

TStoneMBD
03-05-2005, 01:46 AM
whats wrong with calling? i thought it was an easy call.

Brom
03-05-2005, 03:52 AM
I voted for call based on the heavy implied odds of the situation and the size of the pot.

kiddo
03-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Tricky, if raiser is aggressive he will kill you if u flop same pair as him and he is sitting with AJ, AQ, KQ or KJ. But if u hit straight(draw) it will often be with cards that the other guys are sitting with: A, K, T and 9.

Gazza
03-05-2005, 10:30 AM
This is obviously the ideal situation to coldcall if you are going to do it at all.
I used to fold with a very occasional 3 bet but now I call sometimes. It depends on the table.
I noticed that my coldcalling on the button has crept up to 0.5 according to PT but I feel comfortable about that.

Rudis
03-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Reraising wont gain you anything as far as I can see...
Which leaves folding or calling...
I guess this could be dependant on the raiser more than I realize, but IMO it shouldn't be impossible to fold a J toppair in situations where you feel you're dominated and take full advanteage of pos. otherwise...
for me, means call.

kiddo
03-05-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is obviously the ideal situation to coldcall if you are going to do it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it ideal if preflopraiser is aggressive postflop? It cant be because u will never have him outkicked but he will sometimes have u outkicked.

Gazza
03-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Obviously we have to be cautious if we just get a pair and it doesn't seem good.
Cold calling invites the blinds to come along and QJs is a pretty good hand to have in a big multiway pot.
But folding pre flop is definitely an option as well

MAxx
03-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Maybe I was a little quick to say easy fold, and I need to think bout this a little more. It is probably close either way... I don't know for sure.

I would play KQs or AJs this way, so it isn't out of the realm of possiblility for me to play QJs this way too. I guess it is where I drew the line. For those of you who think it is an easy call, do you play JTs the same and den what about 10-9s?

I would like the QJs more if UTG was in the hand too, or we could count on the SB being loose..... which he isn't. So on avg it looks like your pot is going to be 4way. I would prefer 5 or 6 way to start cold calling QJs like this.

DrGutshot
03-06-2005, 02:56 AM
asdf